2017 Divisional Round

Leader

Just now, cannondale said:

All weekend teams have feasted on the check downs in the flat

Except the Steelers.  Jaguars seem like the only team that can stop this play. 

Starting to change my mind on the Vikings.  Think they can legitimately challenge the Patriots.  Especially at home. 

It's upsetting, but the Vikings have left us in the dust.  Hopefully we can catch up a bit this off-season.  Michael Rodney at Packers Notes had it right ... Nelson used to be Theilan ... Cobb used to be Diggs.  That Viking defense is light years better than our defense.  12 always gives us a chance to win, but the Vikings are clearly much better overall. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, pretty sure Vikings, Eagles, Jags and Pats are all top 5 in points allowed. Coincidence.

2017 Scoring Defense: (1) Jax (14.7), (2) Minn. (15.1), (4) Philly (16.9), and (5) NE (17.1). 

Seems like defense matters.

2017 Scoring Offense: (1) NE (29.0), (4) Philly (27.8), (8) Jacksonville (25.1), and (10) Minn.(23.9).

Seems like being a top 10 offense and defense matters (though I remember when some used to claim it was not practical to expect top 10 units on both sides of the ball).

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's upsetting, but the Vikings have left us in the dust.  Hopefully we can catch up a bit this off-season.  Michael Rodney at Packers Notes had it right.  Nelson used to be Theilan ... Cobb used to be Diggs.  That Viking defense is light years better than our defense.  12 always gives us a chance to win, but the Vikings are clearly much better overall. 

And by the end of the offseason, it’s back to the way it’s been since the early 90’s. Calm down.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's upsetting, but the Vikings have left us in the dust.  Hopefully we can catch up a bit this off-season.  Michael Rodney at Packers Notes had it right.  Nelson used to be Theilan ... Cobb used to be Diggs.  That Viking defense is light years better than our defense.  12 always gives us a chance to win, but the Vikings are clearly much better overall. 

Their offseason will be interesting however.

Shurmur is likely leaving... all 3 QBs are FAs I believe... who do they keep? They are going to go thru some big changes that might derail them next year and years to come.

Like most teams... they had a great year and they are riding the momentum. It will be interesting to see if they can finish.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's upsetting, but the Vikings have left us in the dust.  Hopefully we can catch up a bit this off-season.  Michael Rodney at Packers Notes had it right ... Nelson used to be Theilan ... Cobb used to be Diggs.  That Viking defense is light years better than our defense.  12 always gives us a chance to win, but the Vikings are clearly much better overall. 

I mean you think Rodgers couldn't score more then 16 points in Lambeau. We probably win both games if Rodgers is healthy. I wouldn't crown them yet. They still don't have a long term QB. Sure Keenum has been good this year, but I'm still not buying him long term

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Their offseason will be interesting however.

Shurmur is likely leaving... all 3 QBs are FAs I believe... who do they keep? They are going to go thru some big changes that might derail them next year and years to come.

Good points .. hopefully they are hit hard this off-season.  

Archived