2018 Free Agency

turtle28

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Who the hell wants Paxton Lynch. No better than Osweiler. Denver can't really afford Cousins either. I know they love Baker Mayfield and could take him at 5 overall. 

7 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Via Instagram Kirk cousins wants a contract similar or larger than  stafford . 

Redskinstoday Instagram .

A 25 mil a yaar 

5year-135 million contract 

Its a lot more than the contract. Its the guaranteed money. 

9 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Who the hell wants Paxton Lynch. No better than Osweiler. Denver can't really afford Cousins either. I know they love Baker Mayfield and could take him at 5 overall. 

I think they will have $30 million now. Talib could be cut with a million dollar out. I think they can afford him.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think they will have $30 million now. Talib could be cut with a million dollar out. I think they can afford him.

True. I understand that part, but they would literally have nothing else to do anything else with. Barely enough to sign their draft picks. 

17 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Denver would have to cut players , Thomas is one option he's 30 now and would save up 4-8 mil I think .

I don't think Denver a great location imo there getting older .

I understand that teams will make a pitch and allow the process to work. Cousins just may fall in love with the sparkle of Elways two rings during the interview and understand that Peyton can win one here and half capacity, maybe he could. 

Jax was a good QB away from beating the Patriots. 

The competitive nature of Cousins is a great indicator that he will not sign with the Browns. He wants to compete and he wants to go to a place that allows him that opportunity. 

In no order:

Denver

Minnesota

Jacksonville

Buffalo

Washington

Arizona (Although I think they are in cap hell)

Cleveland - According to Joe Thomas (Sign Cousins, draft Barkley, avoid the QB issue and grab playmakers - easier said than done. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So if that's the case then just tag him and work out a deal with Denver. If he's worth a lot of money to Denver then he should be worth the fifth overall pick. 

Has a player EVER been tagged and traded ? Has it ever actually happened..I can't find a history of it . 

If mayfield the kind of guy that likes to study and read plagbooks than I'm 100 percent for him.

If the skins personal can interview him and get a vibe that he studies than he's our guy .

if we don't draft him and we sign Logan than we should go maybe WR in the first and Rudolph in the second .

33 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Has a player EVER been tagged and traded ? Has it ever actually happened..I can't find a history of it . 

Patriots traded Matt Cassel to Chiefs for #34 overall.  

Chiefs traded Jared Allen to Minnesota for a 1st and two 3rds.  

Those are just two off of the top of my head.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Patriots traded Matt Cassel to Chiefs for #34 overall.  

Chiefs traded Jared Allen to Minnesota for a 1st and two 3rds.  

Those are just two off of the top of my head.

Yep, I checked those out. Both cases the Franchise Tag was used.. I don't think that works for us because Cousins would just sign it and play here for $34 million.

"In the spring of 1988, Marshall became the first NFL free agent in eleven years to sign with another team, agreeing to a 5-year, $6 million contract offer to play for the Washington Redskins, the team that had eliminated the Bears from the NFL playoffs in each of the previous two seasons.[10] When the Bears declined to match the offer, the Redskins had to give them their two first-round draft picks in the next two NFL Drafts as compensation."

wikipedia

15 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

"In the spring of 1988, Marshall became the first NFL free agent in eleven years to sign with another team, agreeing to a 5-year, $6 million contract offer to play for the Washington Redskins, the team that had eliminated the Bears from the NFL playoffs in each of the previous two seasons.[10] When the Bears declined to match the offer, the Redskins had to give them their two first-round draft picks in the next two NFL Drafts as compensation."

wikipedia

Good history lesson but what's the point ? Nobody will sign, pay Cousins a King's ransom, AND give us two first.. sadly.

you're right! With the current rules we need to make him an offer of the the highest paid QB guaranteed. If he leaves, he leaves and we get a third round pick. And we learn how Allen screwed the pooch on this negotiation and took the Best QB we had in decades and let him get away

Archived