2018 Free Agency

turtle28

Ok so 3 out of the 4 posts (not counting this one) in the 3 hours after I asked to steer this back to FA and away from Cousins were about...Cousins!

Guys, there's a million other threads to get your fix of Cousins talk.

Go there please. I want to return this to talking about the Redskins' Free Agency so that others who want to talk about it aren't inundated with more Cousins arguing that can be done on the other threads.

Please, think of the children.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Kind of new, read alo of post in the past and never joined, usually got on here during draft season

Even when he's gone people will wait for Kirk to have a good game , or smith to have a bad game .

We are the only fan base that seems to be the "I told you so type "

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ok so 3 out of the 4 posts (not counting this one) in the 3 hours after I asked to steer this back to FA and away from Cousins were about...Cousins!

Guys, there's a million other threads to get your fix of Cousins talk.

Go there please. I want to return this to talking about the Redskins' Free Agency so that others who want to talk about it aren't inundated with more Cousins arguing that can be done on the other threads.

Please, think of the children.

I can agree with you, this thread should be about free agency . I do plan on making an officially 2018 rumors and signing thread soon.

11 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

We are the only fan base that seems to be the "I told you so type "

No way, plenty of other forums have done it. Those teams aren't as consistently mediocre as we are though. They eventually get over the hump. Go ask the Eagles forum if they've always been hip hip hooray, especially during the Reid to Kelly and then Kelly to Pederson transition. 

I really want Torrey Smith. I don't want to draft another young guy, we need a vet with speed to stretch the field so Reed and Doctson can have more space. I know he hasnt been released yet, but I believe he will be. Dont need to spend huge bucks on Landry. Use that money to get the best LG in free agency Norwell. We gotta protect grandpa back there if we want any chance and getting a running game going is a QB's best friend.

Also, what about making a play for Jimmy Graham in Free agency. Smith loves Tight Ends (and so do I :) ) and you just cant count on Reed.

46 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I really want Torrey Smith. I don't want to draft another young guy, we need a vet with speed to stretch the field so Reed and Doctson can have more space. I know he hasnt been released yet, but I believe he will be. Dont need to spend huge bucks on Landry. Use that money to get the best LG in free agency Norwell. We gotta protect grandpa back there if we want any chance and getting a running game going is a QB's best friend.

Also, what about making a play for Jimmy Graham in Free agency. Smith loves Tight Ends (and so do I :) ) and you just cant count on Reed.

Torrey Smith is horrible. 

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

I rather sign Wallace instead , he more consistent and shown production.

if we sign torry smith, I'd like for us to still go wideout . 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Torrey Smith is horrible. 

We have one proven receiver- Crowder

Doctson may be a receiver, but last year he was still what Id call unproven

then we have a whole lot of either young guys or those not that talented.  

Ryan Grant, Pryor, Quick, Harris, Davis

You cant realistically believe that Smith would not help us as a number 4 guy who can return punts, right? 

Im saying with Smith we are a short passing game team emphasizing TE and RB. Having a guy like Smith serve the decoy running deep opens the field for our TE and underneath game. We missed DJAX on the field last year. And the guy is a high character guy the young pups can learn from and be mentored from. Wallace as a mentor frightens me. 

So, Pryor, Grant, and Quick.. all UFAs that are likely gone. 

On the roster under contract:

Doctson

Crowder

Maurice Harris

Robert Davis

that's it, right? If so, ouch.. and yeah.. need a quality vet WR and a quality rookie, imo. 

Archived