2018 Free Agency

turtle28

I'd go for Allen Robinson all day if he is available. I like a couple of the wr's in the draft but the value will not be there for us. Unless we get derwin james or tremaine Edmunds. We have to almost go dt, rb in first 2 rounds. A combo of Payne and Chubb or a combo of Ronald Jones and Tim Settle. You can substitute the players you prefer in the position but the 2 positional picks should stay the same.

7 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Which vet do you guys want at wr if we can't get Watkins or Robinson.

Eric decker I feel could be useful as a guy with reliable hands .

I'm not real whoopty-doo on the current bunch of vet WRs available, but I'd be interested in giving Donte Moncrief a shot. This is a NOLA article, but it can pertain. The question is, how much? how much guaranteed do you risk? and does adding him strongly affect which round you even consider a rookie WR? 

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2018/2/23/17041396/new-orleans-saints-free-agency-donte-moncrief-indianapolis-colts-drew-brees-sean-payton-andrew-luck

31 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'm not real whoopty-doo on the current bunch of vet WRs available, but I'd be interested in giving Donte Moncrief a shot. This is a NOLA article, but it can pertain. The question is, how much? how much guaranteed do you risk? and does adding him strongly affect which round you even consider a rookie WR? 

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2018/2/23/17041396/new-orleans-saints-free-agency-donte-moncrief-indianapolis-colts-drew-brees-sean-payton-andrew-luck

Problem with Moncrief is he's always hurt.

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Problem with Moncrief is he's always hurt.

Most of the wideouts in free agency are kinda hurt. I wouldn't mind Moncrief ,I would like Crabtree if he's released since he knows smith and he's a solid #2 wideout .

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

I don't know that this is accurate. He's played in 53 of a possible 64 games in his 4 yr career. 

I've had him in fantasy 2 years in a row.  He's active a lot of the time as a reserve but then doesn't play due to some minor injury.  Look at his starts, he's started 8 games or less the past two seasons.

49 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I've had him in fantasy 2 years in a row.  He's active a lot of the time as a reserve but then doesn't play due to some minor injury.  Look at his starts, he's started 8 games or less the past two seasons.

Who would u like ?

6 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I think we shock people and sign Norwell at guard . 

Can't see it. That would likely be the equivalent of waving goodbye to Scherff... or instantly moving up from #10 to #1 in the League for cap % that goes to the OL. 

Would I hate the focus on assembling the best OL in the League? Heck no. MIght... MIGHT.. even be a brilliant move. 

Would be a surprise, though, if they did this. 

I just don't see us spending money. This just isn't the way Bruce views free agency. For whatever reason he loves other teams back ups and vets on one year deals. I have no hope we'll make a play for Allen Robinson even though we need him badly. I'd be shocked if make any big signings and I fully expect Brown, Breeland and Grant to walk. 

And before the sunshine crew decides to attack me for being negative, I'm simply basing this off of how Allen works. He lets our free agents walk and doesn't approach any big name players that you have to actually pay. He signs younger back ups to starter money and waits it out until some name guys are left and missed the money boat. I'm not getting my hopes up for improvements via free agency. 

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Allen Robinson.  Just go get him, he's a legit starting WR.  I understand he will be expensive but our offense needs a playmaker.  

I agree with this. He’s the only WR that I believe fits what we want to do. I also don’t want to have to draft WR. There are good prospects, but I want to dip into the deep class of front 7 defenders and RB’s

Archived