2018 Free Agency

turtle28

1 minute ago, Woz said:

There's a reason I have been repeatedly saying that we have a gaping hole at left guard.

Silver lining: You now have a QB that is used to having burning fail-trash at the LG spot for the last 5 seasons, so... 

Just now, oldman9er said:

Silver lining: You now have a QB that is used to having burning fail-trash at the LG spot for the last 5 seasons, so... 

Yay?

Got to figure that Smith has got to be looking around, screaming "c'mon! I mean, what the hell?!"

33 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mike Pouncey was just released from the Dolphins. Only 28 years old. Definitely could use him. Chase can play guard. 

Naw, Chase is a Center only IMO.  We should go after Pugh IMO but looks like we aren't going after any Olineman at the moment.  Wonder what the deal is?

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Our guys weren’t starters other than Bree (who again we’ve replaced!) Long (who again we’ve replaced!) and of course Cousins (who again we’ve replaced).

Sorry, I just think it’s an overreaction 

That's worse.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

So can this punter we just signed for absolutely no reason whatsoever play LG or NT? Maybe dabble a bit at corner?

Three words: training camp competition.

57 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Naw, Chase is a Center only IMO.  We should go after Pugh IMO but looks like we aren't going after any Olineman at the moment.  Wonder what the deal is?

Only possibilities that make sense to me:

1. The Redskins are trying to preserve as much of their compensatory picks as possible,
  2. Free agents aren't interested coming to Washington if they've got options elsewhere (or get a crazy level contract),
  3. The Redskins are waiting for the second wave after the crazy first couple of days and grab the lower tier guys at a cheaper price, or
  4. Moron is in charge.

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

Only possibilities that make sense to me:

1. The Redskins are trying to preserve as much of their compensatory picks as possible,
  2. Free agents aren't interested coming to Washington if they've got options elsewhere (or get a crazy level contract),
  3. The Redskins are waiting for the second wave after the crazy first couple of days and grab the lower tier guys at a cheaper price, or
  4. Moron is in charge.

5. All of the above.

Archived