2018 Free Agency

turtle28

I know you're trying to be funny, but that's one of the case we moderators have adjudicated. In the case of a "sonofa," it's not warning worthy. In the case of "you are a," it is.

At the same time, I should be held to a higher standard.

I will go commit seppuku now.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

I know you're trying to be funny, but that's one of the case we moderators have adjudicated. In the case of a "sonofa," it's not warning worthy. In the case of "you are a," it is.

At the same time, I should be held to a higher standard.

I will go commit seppuku now.

You're not getting out of being a moderator that easy. 

giphy.gif

Off of @Woz ‘s list he just posted from PFT. I definitely hope we sign Matthieu to be our slot corner and 3rd S and it’d be nice to get Galette back or to sign McPhee as a situational pass rusher. Justin Pugh or Jack Mewhort would be good additions to come and be our starting LG.

I guess Galette didn’t get that big money starting DE/OLB contract he was sure he was going to get...

Read on IG we reached out to Mathieu’s agent but we’re immediately turned off by his 11-15 million per price tag. There was no source. Have a feeling this might be something the FO put out to shut Swearinger up. I mean, would you put it past them?

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Off of @Woz ‘s list he just posted from PFT. I definitely hope we sign Matthieu to be our slot corner and 3rd S and it’d be nice to get Galette back or to sign McPhee as a situational pass rusher. Justin Pugh or Jack Mewhort would be good additions to come and be our starting LG.

I guess Galette didn’t get that big money starting DE/OLB contract he was sure he was going to get...

Galette isn't looking for money he's looking for a place he can start. 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Galette isn't looking for money he's looking for a place he can start. 

And like I told him on twitter and then he slid into my DMs, I don’t think that Place exists in the NFL. He’s a situational pass rusher in the NFL now. I’ll be shocked if he’s starting somewhere next year or ever again without the starter on the next team he signs for getting hurt and then he takes over as the starter for the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

9. Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (released March 14).
13. Seahawks defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson.
21. Giants offensive lineman Justin Pugh.
24. Bills cornerback E.J. Gaines.
26. Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu (released March 14).
27. Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro.
29. Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn.
36. Packers safety Morgan Burnett.
39. Dolphins center Mike Pouncey (released March 15).
40. Raiders inside linebacker Navorro Bowman.
41. Chiefs defensive tackle Bennie Logan.
44. Chargers safety Tre Boston.
47. Colts guard Jack Mewhort.
48. Ravens center Ryan Jensen.
53. Bears linebacker Pernell McPhee (released).
55. Lions tight end Eric Ebron (released March 14).
56. 49ers safety Eric Reid.
63. Colts cornerback Rashaan Melvin.
67. Jets cornerback Morris Claiborne.
68. Cardinals receiver Jaron Brown.
75. Bills receiver Jordan Matthews.
76. Washington receiver Terrelle Pryor.
78. Washington linebacker Junior Galette.
80. Ravens receiver Mike Wallace.
86. Bears receiver Kendall Wright.
87. Rams outside linebacker Connor Barwin.
90. Lions linebacker Tahir Whitehead.
93. Falcons defensive lineman Derrick Shelby (released).
94. Rams center John Sullivan.
96. Bills linebacker Preston Brown.
99. Cardinals safety Tyvon Branch.
100. Cardinals cornerback Justin Bethel.

Pugh, Mathieu, Logan, and Jensen. Those are the 4 I would target with the hopes of signing 2 of them. I don't know much about Mewhort (expect he was drafted kind of high to be a tackle) or Melvin but if they fit what we need you can add them. 

Edit: I'd like to sign Galette back for cheap.

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

Read on IG we reached out to Mathieu’s agent but we’re immediately turned off by his 11-15 million per price tag. There was no source. Have a feeling this might be something the FO put out to shut Swearinger up. I mean, would you put it past them?

I wouldn’t put it past them and if true, I can’t imagine Matthieu getting paid that much based off his injury history. I hope we can get him, but there’s no way I’d pay him that much.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I wouldn’t put it past them and if true, I can’t imagine Matthieu getting paid that much based off his injury history. I hope we can get him, but there’s no way I’d pay him that much.

I look at it this way. Malcolm Butler got 5/61. Would I give Mathieu that much? No, but I’d approach it. Kid has a ton of potential and played every snap after a late season ACL the prior year. 

6 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I look at it this way. Malcolm Butler got 5/61. Would I give Mathieu that much? No, but I’d approach it. Kid has a ton of potential and played every snap after a late season ACL the prior year. 

I don't agree here.  Not only does Mathieu have a more significant injury history but he doesn't cover #1 WRs like Butler does.  

We need a slot CB, and IMO I'd rather see what Nicholson can do on a cheap rookie deal than pay for an expensive FS.  I think we can get a slot CB cheaper than Mathieau honestly.  

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hopefully his figures come down to something more realistic. I think we all want that versatile piece to pair with our DB’s but it would have to be in the 8 to 9 a year average with us structuring it however. My main focus is keeping us prepared to resign Smith and Scherff and Crowder though! Those guys fit here and I think we will see a boost in Smith and Kerrigans game if we do finally boost the youth and talent and impact this DL has

Archived