2018 Free Agency

turtle28

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Isn't Gaines just another outside CB?  We need a slot guy.

Would this not afford to move Moreau into the slot? Let him develop and then move him outside at some point. 

I don't like Norman and Dunbar (particularly Dunbar) being starters on the outside. 

Norman

Gaines

Moreau

Dunbar

Holsey

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

Would this not afford to move Moreau into the slot? Let him develop and then move him outside at some point. 

I don't like Norman and Dunbar (particularly Dunbar) being starters on the outside. 

Norman

Gaines

Moreau

Dunbar

Holsey

The team seems to be targeting slot CBs in FA, I don't think the plan is to play Moreau there.  I think Moreau wins the #2 job in camp and Dunbar comes off the bench.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The team seems to be targeting slot CBs in FA, I don't think the plan is to play Moreau there.  I think Moreau wins the #2 job in camp and Dunbar comes off the bench.

A lot of folks in the know think that Dunbar is going to win the outside. 

I know they are targeting slot CB's. Of all the players on the roster, Kendall Fuller was not the guy to give up. Preston Smith would have been the better option. I hate Bruce. 

Just now, mike23md said:

A lot of folks in the know think that Dunbar is going to win the outside. 

I know they are targeting slot CB's. Of all the players on the roster, Kendall Fuller was not the guy to give up. Preston Smith would have been the better option. I hate Bruce. 

Heck ya I would have been in a way better mood if they had traded Smith for Smith.  We could have drafted an edge rusher in the first round and still had our secondary intact.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Heck ya I would have been in a way better mood if they had traded Smith for Smith.  We could have drafted an edge rusher in the first round and still had our secondary intact.

Especially considering the Chiefs have no true pass rushers with Dee Ford underperforming, Tamba Hali set to retire, Derrick Johnson released. Bruce is such an idiot. 

58 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Actually I look at things unbiased without burgundy and gold glasses on.  

Yeah, because you don’t think that a player who gets 8 sacks in two of his first 3 years in the NFL and is first or second on the team in pressures in each of his 3 seasons is good enough.

You’re searching for an answer when we don’t even have a problem or wanting to crate a hole when we don’t have on at a position.

This is the Brian Orakpo argument all over again.

Do you keep a good but not elite ROLB and make the other positions on the defense stronger around that player and keep that player?

I say you do.

We chose not to keep Orakpo after 2014 because he had a pec injury and it cost him 1.5 of his last season with us. Since then, he’s gone on to Tennessee and been the usual Orakpo - good but it great - while they’ve built a good defense during the time since he left and our defense hasn’t found a ROLB who is as consistent as Orakpo was for us.

I think we keep Smith and his 8 sack a year player - possibly more this year - and find a NT and a long term answer at ILB next to Brown for the next few years. 

I just don’t think this is the issue you’re making it out to be. And another thing, yes the Patriots traded away Jamie Collins but they had decided they didn’t want to keep him long term - our front office hasn’t done the same with Preston Smith - and there’s also the fact that since Jamie Collins was traded away from the patriots that their Lb core hasn’t been as good and it’s affected them on defense.

Yes, they got to the super bowl still but they have Tom Brady, we don’t.

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

If Mathieu was not going to demand so much money, I would love him. But that 11M tag is just absurd. I wonder what the price tag on E.J. Gaines is? 

Oh, I agree. I like HB. I'm just not paying the money he wants.

For that much money, he can pound sand

W

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh, I agree. I like HB. I'm just not paying the money he wants.

For that much money, he can pound sand

My thinking on this is the same I had with Zach Brown. They’re living in a fantasy world and let’s wait it out to see if that price comes down. If his asking price comes down, consider signing him, if not, he can pound sand and go to the highest bidder.

I also saw where DRC said he’s going to make his decision in April on where he’s going to go. It’d be nice to get DRC.

18 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

our D not that good ... 

With Fuller, the D was solid. The injuries really hampered the defense over the course of the season and with any luck, we can avoid that this year. If DRC does sign here, he would provide the slot corner position very well. This defense is not bad, they just have to stay healthy. 

And at this point, if they don't trade Cravens, I would be ok with that. If they are going to trade him, its going to be a closer to the draft kind of deal. 

20 hours ago, Woz said:

Just saw that ...

You're telling me that the Redskins couldn't have offered something better? New England's 6th is pick 205, Cleveland's 7th is pick 219. Basically the Patriots just swiped Devin McCourty for a 6th round compensatory pick.

Moron. Always Moron.

all of the other 30 teams could have beaten the offer .. Whole lot of Morons .. :)

Just read Sean Lauvao ( man, always have to look up the spelling ! ) is still a possible option at L G. I still want Justin Pugh . They are waiting on Galette. Unless someone comes up with a better offer, he could be back.. ( Or we just sign D Freeney )

They still want DRC but won't overpay for an older vet .. Pretty happy with their patience and prudence so far. Nothing like 2006 thankfully !

Archived