The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

12.2 per year isn't bad at all assuming his play matches his 2016 play.

I am concerned about how/why he was benched for the superbowl, but Robinson has never put any team cancers on the team before, so gonna trust he isn't now.

I am not overly concerned about the Super Bowl thing. I feel like on the Super Bowl thing you have to look at it a little differently because it was Belicheck. Had it been a coach not known to do some crazy stuff, I would be more worried.

This time last year he was easily considered better than Ryan and we paid Ryan 10 mil per year. He had a down season, but I don't think it was an awful season. I really like it. I probably prefer Johnson but I'm not going to complain. 

My only real beef with this signing is that I prefer a bigger, longer corner. 

And man... peoples opinions on big money deals sure change when its their team giving out the deal. Curious to see how many people would praise the money if the Lions had signed him. I imagine the response would be similar to Sammy's. "12 million for a corner who got benched in the SB?!?" I can hear it now.

Who cares about the money , this is literally the biggest signing the Tennessee Titans have ever made on a free agent  . People hate the team for not making moves but when they finally do make a hugeeeeee move they complain about the cost. It's not our money and the team has plenty of it , calm down take a deep breath and come to the realization that we now have the super bowl winning CB duo from the 2016-2017 season on our team. 

As far as the money I'm ok we overpaid, Titans never make big moves , NEVER , last big move that comes to mind is Kenny Holmes back in the early 00s. This move shows we're serious about wining and not sitting back with our hands in our pockets watching jags sign every top free agent that pops up. I'm not saying Butler is god but he's a damn good corner , he makes this team better the second he signs that contract . Titan up 

if we somehow landed Suh it would be hard to argue who might have the best d in the south. 

A secondary of Jackson, Ryan and Butler with Sims as depth has the potential to be the best CB "corp" this team has had since becoming the Titans. Finnegan/Harper/Carr/Fuller being the biggest competition? When Rolle/Dyson were the starters at CB they were really good together but I don't remember the players behind them being incredible.

Digging the Butler news... Gives us a solid trio at CB... And puts us 4 deep in terms of depth since Sims will be ideal in that 4th role.

Bummed about Moncrief. He was my WR crush all off season, thought he'd be that guy who could take over the 2 role from or after Matthews. Wonder what kinda money he gets... Thought he'd come in at a good value...

41 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I understand that. My argument is that we have a bunch of those underneath possession guys on the roster already. I support finding more who can take that safety with him. Davis really the only guy on the roster with that potential and he hsnt shown it consistently.

Bottom line I don' see nothing in Jordan Mathews game that we don' already get from having Rishard Mathews here. 

Facts though which is why I prefer a deep threat but once people start saying we were intrigued wit Landry I’m like take Jordan Matthews he’s cheaper ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

My only real beef with this signing is that I prefer a bigger, longer corner. 

And man... peoples opinions on big money deals sure change when its their team giving out the deal. Curious to see how many people would praise the money if the Lions had signed him. I imagine the response would be similar to Sammy's. "12 million for a corner who got benched in the SB?!?" I can hear it now.

It's amazing how when it's a career under-achiever (who averages 48 receptions over 4 seasons) being made the 3rd highest paid player at his position people don't like it, but when it's a guy who was snubbed from the pro bowl literally one year ago and made a game-winning play in another super bowl people think he's worth the money.

Archived