Will Tom Brady Become The Greatest...

mdonnelly21

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Tom Brady Wins A SB Will He Be The Greatest Sports Player Of All Time?

• Already is
    • Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Actually the Garnett/Pierce/Allen Celtics were the first super team of the current era. And Lebron left to form the Heat mainly as a response to that. 

Yeah but that team was created through trades, LeBrons Heat was the first when players actually talked about signing with a team as free agents to team up and create a super team.

Just now, Plat2 said:

Yeah but that team was created through trades, LeBrons Heat was the first when players actually talked about signing with a team as free agents to team up and create a super team.

I know. But put it this way, Lebron was on a Cav's team that he was dragging to conference finals that was so bad that they became one of the worst teams in the league when he left and the ONLY reason he wasn't getting in the Finals was because he couldn't get past a super team.

Just now, lancerman said:

I know. But put it this way, Lebron was on a Cav's team that he was dragging to conference finals that was so bad that they became one of the worst teams in the league when he left and the ONLY reason he wasn't getting in the Finals was because he couldn't get past a super team.

So you agree then that Manning is the best QB ever considering this was the situation that happened in Indianapolis when he left, as opposed to when Brady went down for the year and the Patriots still went 11-5.

Just now, Carmen Cygni said:

So you agree then that Manning is the best QB ever considering this was the situation that happened in Indianapolis when he left, as opposed to when Brady went down for the year and the Patriots still went 11-5.

No because that's disengenous. You're taking the Colts at probably the weakest point of their run in the 2000's and taking the Patriots at probably the most stacked they every were in the 2000's. Then you're ignoring that the Colts replaced Manning with two QB's who were absolute trash and never played another snap again and the Patriots replaced Brady with a very competent back up who was capable of going to another team and winning double digit games and making a pro bowl in the right situation. Also ignoring that a rookie Luck went on the Colts and immediately made them a double digit team again.

So yeah you can make that comparison. It just exposes a severe lack of the ability to understand context and it's not really worth discussing because it's been refuted too many times to count.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

No because that's disengenous. You're taking the Colts at probably the weakest point of their run in the 2000's and taking the Patriots at probably the most stacked they every were in the 2000's. Then you're ignoring that the Colts replaced Manning with two QB's who were absolute trash and never played another snap again and the Patriots replaced Brady with a very competent back up who was capable of going to another team and winning double digit games and making a pro bowl in the right situation. Also ignoring that a rookie Luck went on the Colts and immediately made them a double digit team again.

So yeah you can make that comparison. It just exposes a severe lack of the ability to understand context and it's not really worth discussing because it's been refuted too many times to count.

Funny how that always happens . . .

must be the coaching.

1 minute ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Funny how that always happens . . .

must be the coaching.

Ohhh..... so you need a HOF coach to not be stupid like the Colts and realize you maybe shouldn't completely disregard the backup for the most important position in the sport... 

Guess that Pederson is a HOF Belichick like coach for having Foles as a backup lead his team to the conference finals. 

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

I do agree that this question will never be answered lol, theres way too many sports and just way too many GOATs, how about they are all just the GOATs of their own respective sports.

So what I've pretty much been saying this whole thread...... 

Just now, lancerman said:

Ohhh..... so you need a HOF coach to not be stupid like the Colts and realize you maybe shouldn't completely disregard the backup for the most important position in the sport... 

Guess that Pederson is a HOF Belichick like coach for having Foles as a backup lead his team to the conference finals. 

straw-man.png

Just now, Plat2 said:

Yes because Jordan is not that good and Brady is god of all gods

Which is precisely NOT what I ever said and why I've had to post multiple times. Maybe if some people actually read the posts they were responding to and the point didn't go way over their head this thread wouldn't be this long. 

Never said Jordan wasn't that good. Said he was the GOAT in virtually every post I made. From my first post on I said Brady is not the greatest sports player ever. I said that a lot of people are trying argue against Brady by bringing up critiques that you could equally apply to Jordan. I'm sorry there's a bunch of fanboys in this thread who apparently haven't left their 90's childhood who don't have the maturity to deal with any constructive criticism of Jordan because they've been indoctrinated into the Skip Bayless mentality of it being heresy to say anything that could be construed as a negative about Jordan. 

Archived