Will Tom Brady Become The Greatest...

mdonnelly21

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Tom Brady Wins A SB Will He Be The Greatest Sports Player Of All Time?

• Already is
    • Yes
    • No

For me it's Gretzky even if Brady wins.  I'm not a huge NHL fan, but from what I know he basically laps the field.

It's [I believe] the equivalent of if Brady wins 6 championships but also throws for 300 more TDs and 20,000 more yards than the current record along with 5 more MVPs.

19 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

For me it's Gretzky even if Brady wins.  I'm not a huge NHL fan, but from what I know he basically laps the field.

It's [I believe] the equivalent of if Brady wins 6 championships but also throws for 300 more TDs and 20,000 more yards than the current record along with 5 more MVPs.

He's not even better than Howe and Orr is up there 

15 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Doesn't make him the GOAT sportsmen/woman ever. Some would contend he's not even the best NFL player ever. 

Some content that Jordan and Gretzky aren't the best players of their sport either.

But as far as this thread goes....shut it down....this will only end badly. 

2 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Gronk is a bigger standout than Brady.

Brady has been the best guy at his specific job (QB) three times (07, 10, 17) in his career.

Yeah... nothing "standout" about a guy doing what Brady is doing at 40 years old. 9_9

Just now, Non-Issue said:

He has as good, if not better, argument as the GOAT as Gordie or Bobby. 

I agree, but it's not like it's a given the same way people say "well Brady might not be the best football player ever". Well Wilt and Lebron might be a better basketball player than Jordan and Howe and Orr might be a better hockey player than Gretzky... So yeah they'll always be someone to argue about. However what we are discussing is more of a consensus thing. Brady/Gretzky/Jordan are generally regarded as the best in their sports. 

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

That's like saying Jordan's only been the best player 5 times

Ok? I don’t follow basketball. My point is that’s Brady isn’t even in the running for best ever at his own position at his own sport or even the most dominant player on his team. He’s only been the best at his position three times in eighteen years without very many second place finishes.

Just now, patriotsheatyan said:

Ok? I don’t follow basketball. My point is that’s Brady isn’t even in the running for best ever at his own position at his own sport or even the most dominant player on his team. He’s only been the best at his position three times in eighteen years without very many second place finishes.

Uhhhhhh he absolutely is largely considered by almost every analyst ever to be the best player at his position of all time. He just won a Super Bowl last year without the player that you claim is the most dominant player on his own team. In fact he's won 3 Super Bowls and had a 16-0 season before Gronk ever got there.

Just now, lancerman said:

Uhhhhhh he absolutely is largely considered by almost every analyst ever to be the best player at his position of all time. He just won a Super Bowl last year without the player that you claim is the most dominant player on his own team. In fact he's won 3 Super Bowls and had a 16-0 season before Gronk ever got there.

Who’s almost every analyst? Sports journalists? NFL commentators being paid to hype up games? Millennial son Twitter? Gen X’ers on NFL Network?

At the end of the day it always comes down to “Brady doesn’t have the best stats, doesn’t have the best individual awards, didn’t revolutionize the game or bring a new era of quarterbacks, and you can’t break down the film and say he made throws and reads that Rodgers or Manning couldn’t, but he was on a team that won the most Super Bowls so he must be the best”.

Brady has team success and literally nothing else that puts him above Rodgers, Manning, Montana, Unitas, or Graham.

8 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Who’s almost every analyst? Sports journalists? NFL commentators being paid to hype up games? Millennial son Twitter? Gen X’ers on NFL Network?

At the end of the day it always comes down to “Brady doesn’t have the best stats, doesn’t have the best individual awards, didn’t revolutionize the game or bring a new era of quarterbacks, and you can’t break down the film and say he made throws and reads that Rodgers or Manning couldn’t, but he was on a team that won the most Super Bowls so he must be the best”.

Brady has team success and literally nothing else that puts him above Rodgers, Manning, Montana, Unitas, or Graham.

So what stats does Jordan have that put him above everyone else?

Archived