Will Tom Brady Become The Greatest...

mdonnelly21

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Tom Brady Wins A SB Will He Be The Greatest Sports Player Of All Time?

• Already is
    • Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

If you remove all the SB runs in which Vinatieri played, Brady still has the most TDs and wins and yards in NFL play-off history.

Makes less impact with less SB victories.  He just ends up being another Roger Staubach. Those stats you mention just  become  impressive  stats of a SB loser. 

4 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

Makes less impact with less SB victories.  He just ends up being another Roger Staubach. Those stats you mention just  become  impressive  stats of a SB loser. 

Except he won 2 since he last lost? So a SB winner? He's made 5 sbs since Adam. Making 8 SBs and winning 4 is more impressive than going 4-0. You are wrong if you think otherwise. Not making the SB is less impressive than making and losing the SB.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, gopherwrestler said:

this is provocative... nobody knows what it means

A Porsche is a better car than a Lamborghini. 

A Lamborghini is a greater car than a Porsche.

That's about the best way I can think of to describe it.

Note:  I accidentally voted incorrectly.  I voted that Brady is the best already, thinking the poll asked if he was the best FOOTBALL player of all time.  IMO, he IS the best football player of all time, but I don't think he is the best "sportsman".  That honor would probably go to Michael Jordan, followed closely by Wayne Gretzky and maybe Tiger Woods.

1 hour ago, iothar said:

Except he won 2 since he last lost? So a SB winner? He's made 5 sbs since Adam. Making 8 SBs and winning 4 is more impressive than going 4-0. You are wrong if you think otherwise. Not making the SB is less impressive than making and losing the SB.

Fact is he still didn't  win the ones that were decided by the kicker. His arm did not win the game  except for last year.

His stats  are irrelevant to my point.he is not responsible  for the majority  of wins.his *** was on the sidelines,hoping to win

20 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

Fact is he still didn't  win the ones that were decided by the kicker. His arm did not win the game  except for last year.

His stats  are irrelevant to my point.he is not responsible  for the majority  of wins.his *** was on the sidelines,hoping to win

This makes no sense.  Brady helping to get the team into FG range is pretty important because without that the kicker can't even attempt a FG.  When the special teams unit is on the field attempting a game winning FG, most of the starters on both offense and defense are on the sideline.  How does that mean they aren't super important parts to the team winning the game?

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Note:  I accidentally voted incorrectly.  I voted that Brady is the best already, thinking the poll asked if he was the best FOOTBALL player of all time.  IMO, he IS the best football player of all time, but I don't think he is the best "sportsman".  That honor would probably go to Michael Jordan, followed closely by Wayne Gretzky and maybe Tiger Woods.

When it's all said and done, Brady might be the consensus best football player of all-time.  To me, it's really hard to put him above guys like Michael Jordan.  Brady has similar amount of championships, other accolades, certainly has the longevity.  The problem with Brady, to me is, he was accused and punished for cheating.  Regardless of whether or not someone thinks he is guilty or innocent, the commissioner of the league Brady plays in thought it was appropriate enough to drag the accusation forward.  Brady is the face of the NFL and certainly the most recognizable name/player and the league witch hunted him.  

It's such a huge black mark on his resume.  He is still playing, so people are more focused on the championships, MVP's and stats, but once he retires the cheating allegations will constantly be brought up and it's valid.  Michael Jordan was never accused of being a cheater by anymore.

35 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

Eagles wasn't a field goal, Atlanta wasn't a field goal and Seattle wasn't a field goal. What are you talking about?

He already is but really if he does win this game, he will be beyond GOAT! But this Eagles defense is really a very tough defense. Vikings were favorites to win but Eagles proved defense does win you the game. It will be a tough defense he has ever faced!

56 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

That's kind of BS. 

The second one was technically decided by a kick at the end of a game that was tied. But that was already after Vinatieri missed his first two kicks. 

Brady: 32/48, 66%, 354 yards, 3TD, 1INT, 100.5 rating

Vinatieri 1/3 kicks. 

Somehow we give the kicker more credit? 

24 minutes ago, iothar said:

Eagles wasn't a field goal, Atlanta wasn't a field goal and Seattle wasn't a field goal. What are you talking about?

He's going to spin it in a way that benefits his argument but...

For Philly essentially he's going to say "it ended up being a 3 point margin of victory, even though the Pats were basically playing prevent at the end knowing the Eagles were burning clock and didn't have much time after Brady already established a late lead". 

For Seattle he's going to say "sure Brady had the statistical best 4th quarter in a Super Bowl ever against an elite defense and sure he tied to the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history to get a 4 point lead with about 2 mins left, but his defense gave up a stupid catch towards the end and they were at risk of blowing it for him and he needed them to make a stop, so I'm not giving him credit for it". 

For Atlanta "idk what he's going to say, probably something stupid like Atlanta should have won but they blew it". 

The reality is Adam Vinatieri by integral for the first Super Bowl, was a liability in the second (they would have won by 9 if he played better and the only reason it was that close was because Brady got two late 4th quarter leads and the defense immediately gave up drives after both of them), they had a safe lead in the Eagles game and they let the Eagles run the clock out, and Brady made a clutch comeback against Seattle that the defense almost blew, and he had a masterclass against Atlanta in the 4th quarter.

38 minutes ago, showtime said:

When it's all said and done, Brady might be the consensus best football player of all-time.  To me, it's really hard to put him above guys like Michael Jordan.  Brady has similar amount of championships, other accolades, certainly has the longevity.  The problem with Brady, to me is, he was accused and punished for cheating.  Regardless of whether or not someone thinks he is guilty or innocent, the commissioner of the league Brady plays in thought it was appropriate enough to drag the accusation forward.  Brady is the face of the NFL and certainly the most recognizable name/player and the league witch hunted him.  

It's such a huge black mark on his resume.  He is still playing, so people are more focused on the championships, MVP's and stats, but once he retires the cheating allegations will constantly be brought up and it's valid.  Michael Jordan was never accused of being a cheater by anymore.

To me it's hard to put any team sport athlete as the GOAT. 

Tell me why Jordan or Gretzky should be above Ali or Phelps or Federer. There's no reason. Jordan's not the best stat guy and for his wins he was on the most stacked team of his era with the best coach of his era. Gretzky is the best in stats in his sport however by a wide margin. But again, team sport.

Archived