Will Tom Brady Become The Greatest...

mdonnelly21

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Tom Brady Wins A SB Will He Be The Greatest Sports Player Of All Time?

• Already is
    • Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I don't think he's the GOAT unanimously. All of the great QBs had such different career paths that I can't say for sure who I think is the best ever. Brady has easily been in the best situation of anyone ever for so long, it will likely never happen again. I think there are like a handful of QBs who you can make a case for being the best ever, some it's a lot easier than others. Brady is one for whom it's a lot easier to make a case for .

It’s consensus not unanimous. They’ll never be a unanimous GOAT in any sport. 

5 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I don't think he's the GOAT unanimously. All of the great QBs had such different career paths that I can't say for sure who I think is the best ever. Brady has easily been in the best situation of anyone ever for so long, it will likely never happen again. I think there are like a handful of QBs who you can make a case for being the best ever, some it's a lot easier than others. Brady is one for whom it's a lot easier to make a case for .

I think he is the GOAT when you take everything into consideration. He checks all the boxes. Super clutch, insane stats, longevity and has the Super Bowl wins. A few other QBs check most of the boxes, but not quite like Brady. No need to overthink it, he's the best to ever do 

I'm mainly basing this statement on thing I saw in the gamethread and not on the last few pages of this thread, but people were actually using this loss as a way to bash Brady and say he obvious wasn't the GOAT because the Pats lost this game. Arguments like that are beyond ridiculous and shows the blatant bias people have towards hating Brady no matter what.

He's tied for the most Super Bowl rings in history with Charles Haley (who was a DE/Linebacker) with 5 but gets knocked because he lost 3. How that is logical is beyond me. 

Super Bowl and NBA Finals losses tend to get overrated so much. For some, it is actually better to lose before the championship game/series which makes no sense at all. I don't care if Brady had six losses, he has five freaking rings. And he played better yesterday than he did in some of the Super Bowls that he won.

people want to say the defense lost it for NE. However Brady had a chance to win it.... he had 2 minutes to drive 75 yards and he had timeouts. instead he wasnt careful with ball protection and  fumbled away virtually any chance of winning. If he was just a little more careful and made sure to protect the ball they still have a chance even if it means he takes the sack there.

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think he is the GOAT when you take everything into consideration. He checks all the boxes. Super clutch, insane stats, longevity and has the Super Bowl wins. A few other QBs check most of the boxes, but not quite like Brady. No need to overthink it, he's the best to ever do 

He definitely checks more boxes than anyone, but he's also like the richest trust fund kid who had opportunities more than anyone ever had and probably anyone ever will. If you look at how many teams have a decent run for a few years and then flame out, the fact that the Patriots have done what they did for almost 20 years in a super pretty fickle sport with a hard cap and small average careers, is probably the greatest achievement in modern team sport history. So he's had a lot more opportunities to check more boxes than anyone and he's taken full advantage of it. His career is far more different than anyone ever not just because he's a monster, but because he's also luckier than anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

He definitely checks more boxes than anyone, but he's also like the richest trust fund kid who had opportunities more than anyone ever had and probably anyone ever will. If you look at how many teams have a decent run for a few years and then flame out, the fact that the Patriots have done what they did for almost 20 years in a super pretty fickle sport with a hard cap and small average careers, is probably the greatest achievement in modern team sport history. So he's had a lot more opportunities to check more boxes than anyone and he's taken full advantage of it. His career is far more different than anyone ever not just because he's a monster, but because he's also luckier than anyone else.

Maybe, but look at what he has done the last three or four years with teams that were flawed and far from the all around talented squads he had to start his career. He's playing arguably his best ball in his 40s and doesn't look like he will slow down anytime soon. Sure he has an average stretch here and there where folks start questioning him, but overall he's phenomenal. Maybe if he didn't do what he has done during the last three Super Bowl runs, then I'd agree with you. But now? It's a no-brainier he's the GOAT. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe, but look at what he has done the last three or four years with teams that were flawed and far from the all around talented squads he had to start his career. He's playing arguably his best ball in his 40s and doesn't look like he will slow down anytime soon. Sure he has an average stretch here and there where folks start questioning him, but overall he's phenomenal. Maybe if he didn't do what he has done during the last three Super Bowl runs, then I'd agree with you. But now? It's a no-brainier he's the GOAT. 

His longevity for sure gives him an upper hand over anyone in the debate, and that's a major reason why to me it's easier to make a case for him than anyone. But a lot of that also has to do with him not having to play behind awful lines for any prolonged stretches in his career. Pats had protection issues here and there, but they were always corrected.

5 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

And want to know why they've had great success in the last 20 years?

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

people want to say the defense lost it for NE. However Brady had a chance to win it.... he had 2 minutes to drive 75 yards and he had timeouts. instead he wasnt careful with ball protection and  fumbled away virtually any chance of winning. If he was just a little more careful and made sure to protect the ball they still have a chance even if it means he takes the sack there.

This is what I'm talking about. Tom get's knocked for not having another miraculous comeback. 

3 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

His longevity for sure gives him an upper hand over anyone in the debate, and that's a major reason why to me it's easier to make a case for him than anyone. But a lot of that also has to do with him not having to play behind awful lines for any prolonged stretches in his career. Pats had protection issues here and there, but they were always corrected.

True, but he also makes the OL look a lot better with how quickly he gets rid of the ball. There have been times where his OL wouldn't look nearly as good with another QB as it does with him.

49ers OL was GARBAGE all season long, yet when Garoppolo took over, all of a sudden it started to look competent. Maybe Hoyer/Beathard made it look a bit worse than it actually was, but it certainly wasn't as good as it looked with Garoppolo under center either.

Archived