Pittsburg isnt good because of Tomlin

Vladimir L

12 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Did he say “Pittsburgh isnt good because of Tomlin”

or

”Pittsburgh isnt good, because of Tomlin”

We have at least three posters here who cannot tell the difference.

And to think, if he had just gone with something like "Tomlin isn't the reason the Steelers are good" we could have avoided this whole travesty.

18 minutes ago, celestial said:

Tomlin does the same thing Bill Belichick, who doesn't call offensive or defensive plays, does. That's coach the team, make decisions and win games. The same canards apply to Belichick as apply to Tomlin.

Okay, he coaches the team.   He sure had them ready for this game when they started down 21-0

He makes decisions?  Okay like a toss on 4th and 1?  Or maybe you mean going against the best pass rush in the NFL and deciding to play spread pass offense to open the game?  That didn't cause any turnovers or fumbles or anything that would hurt the team... oh wait, yes it did.

Win games?  Like today?

Tomlin is a net negative on the team.  Any winning they do is in spite of him, not because of him.   He's an idiot with a big mouth who doesn't do anything to improve the team.  All he does is receive HOF players and let them carry him.

11 minutes ago, celestial said:

All I see is that Tomlin is passionate and will do anything to help his team. I don't see people slating Belichick, the high character that he is having been implicated in cheating time and time again. I bet we'd see some of the same posters that damn Tomlin for his actions praise or ignore Belichick's own.

LMFAO.

Talk about homer shades.

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Okay, he coaches the team.   He sure had them ready for this game when they started down 21-0

He makes decisions?  Okay like a toss on 4th and 1?  Or maybe you mean going against the best pass rush in the NFL and deciding to play spread pass offense to open the game?  That didn't cause any turnovers or fumbles or anything that would hurt the team... oh wait, yes it did.

Win games?  Like today?

Tomlin is a net negative on the team.  Any winning they do is in spite of him, not because of him.   He's an idiot with a big mouth who doesn't do anything to improve the team.  All he does is receive HOF players and let them carry him.

Tomlin makes roster decisions, hiring decisions, gameday decisions, and whatever else like Belichick does. The Steelers reached the quarterfinals. They broke offensive records and scored  5 TDs today. Tomlin's timeout at the exact right time enabled Big Ben's TD before half time. He's a Superbowl winning HCs with one of the best playoff records in the league. You're thinking he's "an idiot with a big mouth" is your bias. Evidence says Tomlin is the man and Pittsburgh is where they are because of him.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

All I know is that I'm pretty sure 20 or more head coaches could get further or at the very least where Tomlin got this year if they had Roethlisberger, Brown, Bell, Bryant and the 9th overall scoring defense. 

How many coaches would get as far as Belichick with Brady? You can say the same thing about Belichick you're saying about Tomlin, yet nobody second guesses Belichick. Tomlin helped make Brown. He chose not to re-sign Mike Wallace and let money allocate elsewhere. Tomlin tagged Bell. The list goes on.

Just now, celestial said:

How many coaches would get as far as Belichick with Brady? You can say the same thing about Belichick you're saying about Tomlin, yet nobody second guesses Belichick.

Lol, no.  Belichick's defense has given up 29 points or more 4 times.

Tomlin's Steelers have given up 29 points or more five times.  In 21 less games. 

How many coaches would get as far as Belichick with Brady? You can say the same thing about Belichick you're saying about Tomlin, yet nobody second guesses Belichick.

Plenty of coaches have had quarterbacks comparable to Brady, and a lot of them don't win more than one. The niners won one with Young (though Seifert did win one other with Montana). Holmgren won 1 with Favre. Dungy won one with Manning. McCarthy / Rodgers has one. Payton / Brees has one. Brady and BB have 5. So I'm going to say that apparently not many coaches could do what BB has done because even though I consider Brady the most accomplished quarterback of all time, I don't know that he is the "greatest" when it comes down to pure talent / skill. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol, no.  Belichick's defense has given up 29 points or more 4 times.

Tomlin's Steelers have given up 29 points or more five times.  In 21 less games. 

By DVOA, Tomlin's Steeler's are the 9th ranked overall defense.

By DVOA, Tomlin's Steelers are the 7th ranked overall offense.

I rest my case.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Plenty of coaches have had quarterbacks comparable to Brady, and a lot of them don't win more than one. The niners won one with Young (though Seifert did win one other with Montana). Holmgren won 1 with Favre. Dungy won one with Manning. McCarthy / Rodgers has one. Payton / Brees has one. Brady and BB have 5. So I'm going to say that apparently not many coaches could do what BB has done because even though I consider Brady the most accomplished quarterback of all time, I don't know that he is the "greatest" when it comes down to pure talent / skill. 

Brady is better than all these QBs sans Rodgers, so they're not fair comparisons. Relative to Rodgers, Brady is healthier and gets better FAs. You can make the argument many coaches could ride Brady the same way Belichick rides him.

By DVOA, Tomlin's Steeler's are the 9th ranked overall defense.

By DVOA, Tomlin's Steelers are the 7th ranked overall offense.

I rest my case.

Lol.  I don't care about DVOA.  It's an excuse for crappy defenses.  Also, I don't care if the Steelers were #1 in DVOA every single year of Tomlin's career.  The only thing that's tracked at the end of a game is points.  Tomlin's teams have given up 27 points in the playoffs.  Belichick's has given up 20.

Tomlin's defenses can be as good as possible in the regular season and he can still suck in the playoffs.  And he does. 

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  I don't care about DVOA.  It's an excuse for crappy defenses.  Also, I don't care if the Steelers were #1 in DVOA every single year of Tomlin's career.  The only thing that's tracked at the end of a game is points.  Tomlin's teams have given up 27 points in the playoffs.  Belichick's has given up 20.

Tomlin's defenses can be as good as possible in the regular season and he can still suck in the playoffs.  And he does. 

Edit: Misread the AYA

Brady is better than all these QBs,  healthier than Rodgers, and gets better FAs than Rodgers. You can make the argument many coaches can ride Brady the same way Belichick rides him.

and I could make the argument that you can replace Brady with any of those comparable quarterbacks like Rodgers, Manning, Young, etc etc etc and the Pats have the same amount of super bowls if not go 7-0. Arguments are fun when you can make a completely baseless claim with nothing to back it up but your own opinion. 

He's definitely not a great coach, but this thread is just wrong.  "Pittsburgh isn't good because of Tomlin"... Well they are a good team and have been since he's been there.  The Cowher talk isn't valid because he has won another Superbowl after the first one.  Today, the Steelers defense was very very bad.  I think Tomlin deserves some blame, but you can't put that all on one guy.

Also, every time someone brings up something about a coach or quarterback being terrible, I ask one question... Who would you realistically replace him with that is better?

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

WORST CLOCK MANAGEMENT EVER (COMIC BOOK GUY FROM THE SIMPSON VOICE)

I see much worse clock management on a weekly basis in the nfl and it's something that I really focus too much on. There was some bad execution by the players. Awful onside kick and Ben not throwing quick passes on the goal line on the last drive.

If that's the justification for this thread, that's pretty weak. 

Archived