Pittsburg isnt good because of Tomlin

Vladimir L

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If you dont like Tomlin, thats fine....but youve already been ousted as a blind hater....not an objective, logical fan with an informed opinion.   Proven once again by the fact you cant address a well thought out post with anything more than "lol".    Youve been embarrassed with your blind Tomlin hating rhetoric numerous times, yet you still keep doing it.       Then again, this isnt the only topic youve proven to be either a hater or woefully uninformed on,.  :|    You keep doing you, though.

Man, it must be tough to only be able to respond to arguments you disagree with, with personal attacks.   But continue, I'm the one without credibility.  LOL.  

It's not blind Tomlin hatred to say he's a bad coach who consistently gets his team to underachieve, especially when a large majority of Steeler fans agree with me.  

5 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

So you like Flacco and dislike Harbaugh, or do I have the wrong guy?

I definitely don't "like" Flacco, so you may have the wrong guy. I dislike mediocrity and I've seen how Harbaugh took a team with extremely talented players, rode them to a Superbowl (similar to how Tomlin did in his first run), but since then has ran the team into mediocrity with everything he's done. Tomlin, for how much I don't like him as a coach, has at least maintained the Steelers as a perennial playoff team and division winner. 

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

sorry for my poor english

what I meant is the steelers are good but its not because of Tomlin. I think big Ben deserves more credit He might be a rapist but hes a damn good and tough QB.

I get that you're saying he has a lot of talented veteran players around him, but I've seen a lot of talented teams get their crap pushed in by teams week after week because of poor coaching. You can argue Tomlin is underwhelming or simply average and is thus, holding the Steelers back from an additional 1-2 wins per season that they'd get with a guy like Belichick (I don't agree with this, but I'd listen). But saying that he's a terrible coach and is killing their organization is a complete overreaction/farce.

You have built an argument that you can't really lose. You blame the coach when they lose, praise the talent when they win. And it can go vice-versa.

"The Browns are terrible. Worst coaching staff in the league. If we had a great coach, we could have snuck into the playoffs this year. Too much talent to be this bad. We are a good coach away from turning this thing around!"

"The Browns are terrible. I feel for Hue Jackson. He had no help out there and a team that was built by a bunch of morons in the front office. We are a few good players away from being good."

You can make this argument with any and every team and it can't really be debated because the coach and the players are tied in together. We don't know what this team could be without Tomlin. But I'm willing to bet most level-headed Steelers fans don't really want to open the "brand new coach" can of worms if you asked them. They are a consistently great football team. Consistently great football teams don't need to make panic moves and fire their HC. There is nothing schematically that I see them doing that seems egregious or unacceptable. Some of the play calling could be better, but it's not terrible. I don't watch the Steelers and think, "man, if they just had a good coach, they'd be unbeatable!"

The holes on their roster (safety, ILB's when Shazier is hurt, NT) can't really be masked through great coaching. The Jaguars took advantage of their roster's weaknesses today and were able to come up with some splash plays early with the NFL's most dominant defense. The Steelers are good, but do you really think if Tomlin and Marrone switched places for this game that the Steelers would have won? I don't.

I think a lot of blame for the loss this week has to go on Tomlin.  His team was obvi out of line and looking forward to next week and his management at the end of the game was attroscious.  Really not defensible.  Still deserves a lot of credit for consistently getting this team into a spot to compete for the Super Bowl, but I do wonder if he’s the guy who will get them over the hump the next time.

2 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

The Steelers have a good record in spite of Tomlin.  He is a millstone around their neck. 

Yeah, sure, teams win despite their HC, that makes a lot of sense. Yeah, a team that has been good for many decades, just doesn't know how to hire a solid HC??? Utterly ridiculous!!!

Talk about unreasonable expectations, holy cow, some Steeler fans need a wake up call, talk about sore losers!!!

Cowher would not have onside kicked it. Cowher would have had Ben R QB sneak it. Cowher would have won the game. Someone is holding back this team....year after year with stupid decisions.

You see Cowher would know that Ben R is 18-19 on 4th and 1. Cowher would also know that the situation at the end of the game was that the JAGS would run the ball 3 times and punt. They would not risk passing the ball. PITT would stack the line like they did and force a 3 & out like they did BUT OUTSIDE FG RANGE.

Tomlin is stupid.

Idk how much longer people can point to Tomlin's Super Bowl a decade ago and his regular season success and excuse his underachievement in the playoffs with a bunch of all-time talents, not to mention the circus show Pittsburgh has become.  Its a lack of discipline.  Tomlin is not disciplined.  Maybe he was earlier in his career when he first got the job and was trying to prove himself but he clearly isn't anymore and its rubbed off on his players and the team.

How can you let your guys mouth off the way they did this week, guaranteeing a victory and looking ahead to next week?  How can you put up with your running back talking about a contract extension two days before a playoff game?  How can you let your QB play a will he or wont he retire game during a Super Bowl run?  Either the players don't respect Tomlin enough to keep themselves in line or he doesn't care.  And given his own words and actions, my guess is its mostly that he doesn't care.  Going back to earlier in the year, how do you cause the anthem / Vileneuva situation spill out into the public?  How do you say in November that you are looking forward to a week 15 game against the Pats and that it will probably be 'part one'? 

We've seen the consequences all year.  Pittsburgh had to play from behind in a bunch of games against sub par teams because they didn't show up ready to play.  Jacksonville is just the most recent example.  The two games before they played the Patriots earlier this year, same deal.  Its amazing how a team with a SB coach and HoF quarterback can fall into obvious trap games.  And in the game they were ready for they failed to execute and make a big play at the end of the game and ultimately threw the game away because they weren't prepared and hadn't practiced that situation enough.

He's not a bottom of the barrel coach... he's not Jeff Fisher... but he's definitely not the elite coach he's been made out to be.  

15 hours ago, lod01 said:

Cowher would have won the game. Someone is holding back this team....year after year with stupid decisions.

people thought this way about cowher before 2005.... you can go back to all his home playoffs loses in the AFC title game where his team was the fav and find parts of that game where cowher screwed up..

Archived