AFCCG - Jags at Pats

tonyto36

I really hope thus thumb injury is being overblown. People talking about ligament injury and crap.

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, but Brady not practicing a few days before the AFCCG means it's at least somewhat serious. 

It would be awesome if Brady's hand wasn't that bad at all and BB and Brady are just screwing with the media because of the BS story from ESPN a few weeks ago. 

I can't see Brady or Belichick being okay with him not practicing just to mess with the media though. 

Don't mind me, just trying to get this glass to half full. 

8 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

It would be awesome if Brady's hand wasn't that bad at all and BB and Brady are just screwing with the media because of the BS story from ESPN a few weeks ago. 

I can't see Brady or Belichick being okay with him not practicing just to mess with the media though. 

Don't mind me, just trying to get this glass to half full. 

Told you, it's a win/win. If we lose and Brady didn't play, the entire "system QB, it's all BB" narrative goes away. Tom comes back next season fired up.

23 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

People are saying on twitter that he needed stitches and X-rays are negative. Basically what Minihane was saying this morning, 3 stitches needed

Stitches?  So he assumedly hit his hand on someones helmet while throwing and cut it open right?  

OT but enjoyable to read: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/running-diary-super-bowl-xlix-new-england-patriots-seattle-seahawks/

It'd be nice to get to the SB and win comfortably instead of having to deal with more BS miracle catches that wouldn't even happen on Madden with spectacular catch set to 1 billion.  

And yet, Belichick never had that one signature moment. We never caught it when it happened in this Seahawks game — that’s how good this one was. We thought he fell asleep. We thought he froze. Repeat: We thought Bill Belichick froze.

You know what really happened? Belichick trusted seven months of practice and two weeks of scouting, and he trusted the fact that he’d already prepared a 24-year-old undrafted rookie to react perfectly, historically and remarkably if that slant was coming. He’ll never get credit because the whole thing seemed too improbable. After all, how could a coach behave THAT differently from every other coach in that exact same spot?

The answer: He’s not like any other coach. Of anyone — seriously, of anyone — he’s the one guy who would stand there and say, “You know what? I think Pete Carroll might screw this up. I’m not doing anything even if I don’t have the best hand. I’m gonna let him raise the pot. CHECK.” The rest was history. Whenever you’re arguing about the greatest NFL coaches of all time, just remember the final minute of Super Bowl XLIX. The man finally gave us his version of Jordan’s game winner in the ’98 Finals. And like everything else that happened with the great Bill Belichick over the years, nobody totally believed him.

It'd be nice to get to the SB and win comfortably instead of having to deal with more BS miracle catches that wouldn't even happen on Madden with spectacular catch set to 1 billion.

Archived