AFCCG - Jags at Pats

tonyto36

Shades of 2015 Broncos.  Patriots thankfully learned their lesson and played the game right (also were healthier) in 2016.  I expect we'll see much along those lines again.  Control the ball, don't give the Jaguars points, make Bortles beat you with his arm.  As long as we don't turn the ball over and give the Jags great field position, I expect us to win.

Patriots win 20-10.  

Do we presume so much that there is no need for a poll? ?

In all seriousness - I hope Burkhead is good to go and Belichick decides he can rely on him. I expect this will be a running and play action gameplan.

If the Pats win, in years to come casual fans will think they got a pass this year. Certainly won't be like that in reality. 

Should be fascinating. I'd certainly rather lose to the Jaguars than Steelers and if the AFC is to ever have new blood in the big game, I have no reasons to dislike them. 

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Shades of 2015 Broncos.  Patriots thankfully learned their lesson and played the game right (also were healthier) in 2016.  I expect we'll see much along those lines again.  Control the ball, don't give the Jaguars points, make Bortles beat you with his arm.  As long as we don't turn the ball over and give the Jags great field position, I expect us to win.

Patriots win 20-10.  

I 100% believe the Pats would have beat the Broncos soundly both times if those games were at Gillette. In fact the Pats SHOULD have won both games if not for a muffed punt and  a missed PAT. 

No turn overs. Stop the run game. 

That should be enough. Lewis, White and hopefully Burkhead will have to come up for this team. They’re going to sell out to stop Gronk one way or another - either Jack/Smith/Church with help, or even Ramsey.

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

All depends on how consistently the Jags can collapse the pocket up front and not allow Brady to step up in the pocket

This. The Jags have a great line. They will try to get pressure rushing only 4. Those are the teams who have historically given Brady problems. 

I think Pats should come out and go no huddle. Get the Jags Dline tired early. Im uncomfortable but Id be lying if I said I'd feel better playing the Steelers. The fact they spent bulk time in training camp is the thing I don't like. But I honestly can't see Bortles having a great time at Foxboro. Pats will be ready for another mobile QB who doesn't like throwing it much. Pats win but I think it will be like the Texans game last season, frustrating butt clencher that will break out in the second half.

The only reason I prefer the Jags is because I don't think we were going to effectively shutdown both Bell and Brown and it was going to be a close toss up game like the last one. With the Jags I think we know what we have to do and it comes down to how not can but will we execute it effectively. I see us playing the a very methodical game.

I see it going the same way the 2016 Denver game went. Alot of Lewis up the middle. Most passes will be to runners out of the backfield. Lots of no huddle. Jacksonville has a clear weakness in defending the run. We do to. However, if they sell out to stop the run, we have Brady/Gronk/Dola/Hogan/Mitchell so pick your poison. We should play the Jags offense very similar to how we played the Titans offense. I see this being a slogfest.

Not an easy game by any means, but Jacksonville is not unbeatable. They aren't the 2015 Broncos that grinded out win after win against nearly everyone. I also think the Patriots over the years have been built offensively to alleviate the weaknesses that made us susceptible to the Giants/Ravens/Broncos defenses. Quick passes, out of the backfield, methodical drives, volume of plays. Wear them out, make them adjust, expose new weaknesses. I think once it becomes a game of adjustments we'll have them.

Archived