The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

Vikings Pro Bowl wide receiver Adam Thielen already reached one major yardage milestone this season when he became the first Minnesota receiver since Sidney Rice in 2009 to top 1,000 yards.

But here’s an even better honor still within reach for Thielen:

With two games left, Thielen has 1,191 receiving yards. That puts him No. 14 on the Vikings’ all-time single-season list — not bad, but again he has two games remaining.

Also, how about Kyle Rudolph this season? I don't see anyone mentioning his name except when he makes a play - which is surprisingly often. He's a strong, tough receiver who always seems to be in the right place at the right time and is one of our biggest threats in the red zone with 8 touchdowns - 6th most in the NFL among TEs. He's one of those guys I didn't really notice before, but now I look for him on the field to see what he's doing. He's a family man, he does charity work, and he gave us the "duck duck gray duck" celebration. ^_^

I've got a newfound respect for the man. I hope they rest him on Sunday so he can heal up before the playoffs. 

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Nope

Yes, that is correct.  All playoff stats are separate from regular season stats.  They are more meaningful than preseason stats as they are against actual good NFL players, but not all that different.  

On Sunday, Stefon Diggs reached 200 catches in just 40 games, becoming the fastest player in Vikings history to meet the benchmark. Diggs wrapped up the 2017 regular season with 64 catches for 849 yards and eight touchdowns.

According to Mark Chichester of the analytics site Pro Football Focus, Diggs has “developed into one of the best receiving talents in the NFL” since the Vikings selected him in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. Chichester pointed out that Diggs is one of nine receivers who has graded above 80.0 (by PFF’s grading system) in each of the past three seasons. Chichester wrote:

"His 2017 campaign, which is the highest-graded season of his career to date, sees him ranked 10th among qualifying receivers with an overall grade of 84.8 and has [helped push] Minnesota into the playoffs as PFF’s odds-on favorite to make it to Super Bowl LII as the NFC’s representative. There is no doubt that Diggs possesses the straight-line speed to challenge even the quickest of defensive backs, and there is much to be said about his ability to generate yards after the catch (297 YAC yards this year, 23rd among receivers), but there is one underrated aspect of his game that isn’t often acknowledged. Despite his small stature (Vikings list him at 6-foot, 191 pounds), Diggs’ physicality and savvy route-running have led him to emerge as one of the most dangerous red-zone threats in football."

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Vikings-Defined-as-NFCs-Most-Balanced-Team-Heading-Into-Postseason/24831c19-c59d-4568-98b9-10fa1bf925b5?sf178060869=1

Rudolph has been a favorite target of Case Keenum’s in key situations. He has 14 catches on third down, 11 of which have resulted in first downs. The 6-foot-5 tight end has been targeted 16 times in the red zone and caught 14 passes, 10 of those being touchdowns.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/01/vikings-te-kyle-rudolph-among-players-helped-first-round-bye/

Archived