The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

If you've upgraded the QB position, and its a $30M QB, and you have Cook as your RB ... I think upgrading that OL becomes paramount in your draft/FA.

If you add the $30M QB, well then your pretty much making your net comp pick zero, so you might as well add more FA on the OL if you can.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If we are getting tight on money, I'd rather trade Diggs than one of the defensive guys.

1. We have Thielen, Rudolph, Treadwell, Wright, and it sounds like Floyd wants to come back

2. I don't really trust Diggs to stay consistently healthy

3. I think it is easier to find productive WRs than great defensive WRs

4. The offense will be built around Cook

5. I think we would get more in return for Diggs in a trade than Barr/Hunter/Kendricks relative to their value to the team

Never build an offense around a RB... we have seen that before. It never works.

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

What about a above average pash rushing defensive end?

Lock it in ASAP. Trading a below average WR away for an above average DE is a steal assuming the DE isn't way into the twilight of his career or massively overpaid.

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Which of the following is more palatable to trade (if that what was needed, to reduce some expected salary): Barr, Hunter, Kendricks, Diggs ?

For me, the most palatable one of those to trade would be Barr. Zimmer has proven to me that he can develop LBers. Odd of being able to replace Barr for less money with a draft pick are higher than trying to replace Diggs. The Vikings have shown to have so many misses at the WR position.

20 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

To me, replacing Barr is much harder then replacing Diggs. Who is going to run double A gap blitz? Kendricks & Gedeon?

ps: is the forum working correctly for everyone? mines messed up

Obviously the Vikes would have to draft another LB but how effective was Barr on those blitzes anyway? It's not like he's a 3+ sack per year player. If we use those blitzes with the intention of creating havoc, I don't think you necessarily need a standout at the position. That's the point of using creative blitzes. 

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

To me, replacing Barr is much harder then replacing Diggs. Who is going to run double A gap blitz? Kendricks & Gedeon?

I'm sure they'd bring someone in to replace Barr, whether in draft or FA. And I trust Zimmer and Spielman to find good defensive players in the draft.

Archived