The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

Missing the point. He’s saying that the receivers hadn’t developed enough to get on the field. Let’s not pretend that 2015 and 2017 Diggs or Theilen were the same players.

The vets that were getting most of the snaps weren’t particularly good at catching the football. 

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Missing the point. He’s saying that the receivers hadn’t developed enough to get on the field. Let’s not pretend that 2015 and 2017 Diggs or Theilen were the same players.

The vets that were getting most of the snaps weren’t particularly good at catching the football. 

Yeah didn't really think I was making all that controversial of a point...

And, just to throw this out there, catching is a skill that can be further developed once out of the college ranks; just like any other skill there are techniques and drills to increase mastery.  As it's been pointed out though, catching ability wasn't what kept Diggs and Thielen on the bench for as long as they were.

Also just like any skill, some people are inherently better at it than others and right now we have two of the best and going up and making contested catches. It's a breath of fresh air around here that hasn't really been seen since the 90s/00s

1 hour ago, rpmwr19 said:

Mental midget. 

Yeah I think his hands were just fine.

Except every time a ball was thrown his way, he was probably thinking "I hope I don't drop this...."

It's like my 11th grade baseball season. Could ALWAYS make the from 3rd to 1st. One day, the ball slipped out of my hands from a light rain. An inning later, I remember taking a routine grounder and the entire time the ball was bouncing to me, I was thinking to myself "F***, I hope I don't screw up this throw...." annnnnnnnnnnnnnd I did. Wasn't even close.

That lasted about 1/4 of the season until I got over the yips and stopped getting in my own head about biffing the throw. Ironically enough, if it was a bang bang play, a grounder in the hole, or another play where I didn't have time to think about the throw....had no issues. Chest high strikes to the first baseman. But if I had time to think about the throw? Disaster. 

Some people can get over that stuff with time. Others like Williamson just can't do it. And he's not the only professional athlete who's career was ruined from it.

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I think Diggs will be looking at Jeffery's contract as a comparison. 

Ya I anticipate that's what the diggs camp will want to compare ($16M). But Vikings have leverage that he is still under contract & generally extensions are more team friendlier. So I can see $12M for couple years. Still a chuck of change for a player who picks up a lot of minor injuries.

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I think Diggs will be looking at Jeffery's contract as a comparison. 

The net value of Jeffrey's contract vs. performance will be a counterpoint made by Rick The Pickumulator Spielman and Budget them Bucks Brzezinski.  Jeffrey and Diggs have each played in about 5/6th of the games their teams played over the 6 and 3 years, respectively, of their careers. {Re: point made by CriminalMind, immediately above}

http://www.nfl.com/player/alshonjeffery/2533039/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/stefondiggs/2552608/careerstats

Diggs side will counter with their similar production and that 2018 salary cap is higher than when Jeffrey signed his deal.

It will go on for weeks or months before one side gives enough to move both numbers close enough to consummate the deal.  I have no opinion/ guess on the end result.

Archived