Top Prospects in the 2018 Draft

Dome

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Another Hawkeye to watch is Josh Jackson. He's a junior with a bit to learn but is a ball hawk, and has declared for the draft.

I'm working on some video of him. Stay tuned.

Reading some scouting reports of him and he's jump to the #1 CB ahead of Denzel Ward for some and I wouldn't be surprised if that continued.  I think Ward will take a tumble and could be there at our pick.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Didn't we bring Graham in as a rookie?

I believe so, but that's a rare case of a rookie TE actually contributing at a high level. It usually takes them a little while for them to get in their grove and we need someone who can contribute now. That's why I want Graham over a rookie. Not to say we shouldn't draft a TE, but I would rather have Graham for the next few seasons.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Reading some scouting reports of him and he's jump to the #1 CB ahead of Denzel Ward for some and I wouldn't be surprised if that continued.  I think Ward will take a tumble and could be there at our pick.

I wasn't aware of this. Interesting.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Jackson is my #1 corner... I like Ward but not keen on another 1st round corner. If hes the BPA im ok with it but id rather a veteran in FA if we opt to make a move oppsite Lattimore.

4 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I believe so, but that's a rare case of a rookie TE actually contributing at a high level. It usually takes them a little while for them to get in their grove and we need someone who can contribute now. That's why I want Graham over a rookie. Not to say we shouldn't draft a TE, but I would rather have Graham for the next few seasons.

He was the #2 to Shockey as a rookie and didn’t really push him for playing time until later in the year.

13 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

He was the #2 to Shockey as a rookie and didn’t really push him for playing time until later in the year.

I've heard people say Graham is starting to block better for the Seahawks.  I don't watch them, and I can't believe that til I see it.  But if so, I really would want him back.

36 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I've heard people say Graham is starting to block better for the Seahawks.  I don't watch them, and I can't believe that til I see it.  But if so, I really would want him back.

He was at worst a slightly below average blocker for us in his last year here. I actually thought he was a better pass blocker than run blocker that last year.

7 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

0 truth to this lol.

I watch a lot of Hawks games. Jimmy is still a matador when it comes to blocking....

I see a lot of mention of needing a TE. 

I forget which thread it was in, but an Eagles fan mentioned their back up TE (I don't remember his name either). He said that the kid has been a really good TE for them, but that he's just buried on the depth chart behind Ertz. That might be an option as well. 

**Found it. It was @MookieMonster that was talking about TE Trey Burton from the Eagles.

8 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I see a lot of mention of needing a TE. 

I forget which thread it was in, but an Eagles fan mentioned their back up TE (I don't remember his name either). He said that the kid has been a really good TE for them, but that he's just buried on the depth chart behind Ertz. That might be an option as well. 

**Found it. It was @MookieMonster that was talking about TE Trey Burton from the Eagles.

Yep, when Ertz didn't play Burton put up the following stats.

VS LAR - 5 catches, 71 yards, 2 TDs

VS DEN - 2 catches, 41 yards, 1 TD

With a couple other good games sprinkled in. He's a poor blocker but he's a great receiver at TE, would definitely be a massive upgrade over Fleener/Hill.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Yep, when Ertz didn't play Burton put up the following stats.

VS LAR - 5 catches, 71 yards, 2 TDs

VS DEN - 2 catches, 41 yards, 1 TD

With a couple other good games sprinkled in. He's a poor blocker but he's a great receiver at TE, would definitely be a massive upgrade over Fleener/Hill.

I really like Burton... my only issue is that Payton covets length at the position and Burton is an undersized TE. Yes I know he's good but I question if Payton would see him as a fit.

Archived