Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Meh. End of the day ya'll do what ya'll want to do, I suppose. I just think giving owners who don't do any research an easy crutch in the form of grades is sort of lame.

Like ny92 says, the information is out there and relatively easy to find. But it should be on the owner to find it, not presented on a silver platter.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

So you're the "friend?" Ew.

No. I don't do yearly subscription. I did a yearly before the price went stupid. Then the reintroduced monthly membership, and I told Nacho last year if he wanted to pull the metrics from the site he was welcome to use my account. Did a one month last year and same this year. If it helps the league with more accurate grades in the form of hard to find metrics, I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ruskie has indeed given me access to PFF's signature statistics this month. I  haven't gotten around to dusting off the old script but if I do then it will be taken into account this season. This is assuming they didn't change their HTML structure as well, haven't had the chance to check yet.

PFF grades are still worthless, always have been, never mattered. Only their signature stats.

As for ny92's spreadsheet, I'm not sure it's a wise drafting strategy to share your grades on a player, but I don't see a problem with it as it is completely unrelated to the actual player attributes.

Just making sure this doesn't get paged.

If other owners feel strongly about me not reincorporating PFF, I guess I won't. Didn't think it would be a big deal and I've always felt that the more sources I take from to import into the player attributes, the more accurate the simulation.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

How? Are you kidding me?

You don’t get how you being the only one to know he was going to put PFF stats back into the grading system is completely unfair to every other owner in the league?

• Like 1

Just now, iPwn said:

You don’t get how you being the only one to know he put PFF stats back into the grading system is completely unfair to every other owner in the league?

If you circle back to the start of this argument, you'll see that I was unaware that Nacho ever stated he doesn't use PFF signature stats anymore.

At any rate, how is it any different from any other site that may or may not be used to grade players? I'm fairly certain he pulls data from 5-6 sites (and I know I've provided him one of them way back in the day). There was another very good one that measured EPA and WPA but that one is no longer updated IIRC.

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

You don’t get how you being the only one to know he was going to put PFF stats back into the grading system is completely unfair to every other owner in the league?

I would've mentioned it once I made the assessment of whether it could still be done without a major code overhaul I don't have time for right now.