NFL News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Do you hate Kirksey yet?

Like the Kirksey move, confident he'll be better than Martinez overall assuming he can stay healthy. Being from Cleveland I've watched a lot of Kirksey and Schobert over the last 5 years. Kirksey is the better player. 

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Id much rather pay Robby Anderson than hope that this isn't the year Sanders hits the age wall. 

I just don't see it with Anderson. I mean don't get me wrong I'll take him at this point over another year of Geronimo Allison, but the only thing Anderson does better than Sanders in terms of being a WR is running faster in a straight line, that's it. I think Anderson is wayyyy overrated and you're seeing that with his market right now. 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I just don't see it with Anderson. I mean don't get me wrong I'll take him at this point over another year of Geronimo Allison, but the only thing Anderson does better than Sanders in terms of being a WR is running faster in a straight line, that's it. I think Anderson is wayyyy overrated and you're seeing that with his market right now. 

That's how I felt until I watched him. 

You give Geronimo elite speed and you realize you have a top 50 WR in the NFL don't you? So you're actually complimenting Anderson by saying as such.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's how I felt until I watched him. 

You give Geronimo elite speed and you realize you have a top 50 WR in the NFL don't you? So you're actually complimenting Anderson by saying as such.

I'm on tilt at this point. Just sign the guy.

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anderson is certifiably nuts, that almost certainly has more to do with his market than anything else. 

He definitely doesn't lack for talent though. 

He's Top 10 in the NFL in terms of tracking and he has the wheels to compliment his overall set.  

• Like 2

What we need is to pair an experienced NFL player with Adams and give our drafted rookie WR time to develop, ideally that player should offer a deep threat. A quick look at the FA list there's three who fits the bill: Anderson, Richardson and Perriman, All three got decent highlight tape but unfortunately just looking at their interview videos their personalities leave a lot to be desired.

Give a player a 1 year deal, hope he blows up and then in FA hope some team is stupid enough to give him a large contract and we gain a nice 3rd or 4th compensatory pick out of it and hopefully our newly drafted WR will be ready to step up by then. Sanders doesn't make sense in this scenario as he won't net a large compensatory pick as he's too old.

The year after that Adams will be a free agent and our drafted WR will have had 2 years of NFL play under his belt and hopefully by then he will be ready to step up and replace Adams as WR1.

Edited by Chili

NFL Rumors - Wide receiver Robby Anderson is a free agent, but a market has yet to develop for his services, per Connor Hughes of The Athletic. No team has made a legitimate run at Anderson, which is somewhat surprising given that the big-play threat represents the best WR on the open market.

The Draft Network - Pairing 6 Of NFL's Top Remaining Free Agents To The Perfect Team

Jason Peters, OT 
Team fit: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jadeveon Clowney, DE
Team fit: Tennessee Titans

The Tennessee Titans flipped defensive lineman Jurrell Casey to Denver for next to nothing last week — a surprising move that only makes sense if the Titans get another active presence in the front seven. How about Jadeveon Clowney? His burst and versatility would pair very well with the promise of 2019 rookie Jeffery Simmons and speedy rush linebacker Harold Landry. The Titans own approximately $35 million in cap space too; they've got the room to make this happen.

Logan Ryan, CB
Team fit: Miami Dolphins

Jameis Winston, QB
Team fit: Pittsburgh Steelers

Robby Anderson, WR
Team fit: Philadelphia Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles sorely missed wide receiver Desean Jackson last season but this receiver room is much more than just D-Jax away from being a potent group that can maximize Carson Wentz's arm. Alshon Jeffery is a costly presence against the cap but, with $26 million in dead cap space, if the Eagles looked to move on, he's not going anywhere. If the Eagles could introduce Anderson into their passing offense, things suddenly get much more exciting. Anderson is the right blend of contested-catch skills and downfield speed to provide a dynamic the Eagles simply don't have right now; everyone on their roster at receiver is too much of one or the other.

Everson Griffen, DE
Team fit: Buffalo Bills

8 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

How much do you guys think Anderson costs?

probably a lot less than sanders given that no one is bidding for him.

Doesn't seem like we are even considering him at this point, so it's probably a waste of time to get any hopes up on that front.

Taylor Gabriel is a deep threat FA.

53 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

probably a lot less than sanders given that no one is bidding for him.

Doesn't seem like we are even considering him at this point, so it's probably a waste of time to get any hopes up on that front.

Taylor Gabriel is a deep threat FA.

I wouldn't be so sure, as I've brought up we made a run at him at the deadline per both local and national beat writers, and we used one of our 30 visits on him pre-draft. 

My guess when it says that no one's made a "serious" run at Anderson is that he's not considering anything below 12m per to be serious. He projected like everyone else he'd be in the 12-13 range. Id be surprised if he signed in the 9-10 range if it wasn't with us, or like Sanders we were in the running and he chose elsewhere.