NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Golfman said:

I thought his reasoning before was he didn't want to do games with his brother playing. I guess the retirement thing is working out well for him. Plus, you go in the booth you have to be critical of folks and that just may not be his style. 

Funny, I like him a lot more in retirement than when he played. I always thought he was a fake nice guy, turns out he may just be a good guy. 

There was the really uncomfortable bit about the the sexual assault and then repeatedly antagonizing the victim, both in person and using his father's money :/ 

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There was the really uncomfortable bit about the the sexual assault and then repeatedly antagonizing the victim, both in person and using his father's money :/ 

Really? I never heard anything about any of that. When did this allegedly happen? 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

I thought his reasoning before was he didn't want to do games with his brother playing. I guess the retirement thing is working out well for him. Plus, you go in the booth you have to be critical of folks and that just may not be his style. 

Funny, I like him a lot more in retirement than when he played. I always thought he was a fake nice guy, turns out he may just be a good guy. 

He also might not want to have to be somewhere every week.  I'd imagine this job might be more of a  commitment that it may appear.  I do hope ESPN can find a replacement for Booger.  I don't have an issue with their play by play guy.

I can't believe I never heard anything about it. I guess I can go back to my original thinking on him. 

It was based around a locker room incident he says was a prank and she disagrees. His version of the story says no contact was ever made and hers said there was.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

94-96 but he was still being a ****** to the woman fairly recently when his latest book came out.

Was there ever any evidence of it? Or just hearsay? I didn't follow it.

You referring to the incident reported while he was playing with the physical therapist (?) or some other?

I thought his reasoning before was he didn't want to do games with his brother playing. I guess the retirement thing is working out well for him. Plus, you go in the booth you have to be critical of folks and that just may not be his style. Funny, I like him a lot more in retirement than when he played. I always thought he was a fake nice guy, turns out he may just be a good guy. 

Retirement tends to work out well when you're a multimillionaire :)

Andy Herman  -  Best and worst moves of the offseason.

BEST

Cardinals Trade for DeAndre Hopkins
Broncos Trade for Jurrell Casey
49ers Trade Deforest Buckner
Chargers – Everything
Eagles Trade for Darius Slay
Patriots Franchise Joe Thuney
Bills Sign Quinton Jefferson
Browns Sign Andrew Billings
Browns Trade for Andy Janovich
Packers Sign Rick Wagner
Wagner is a clear downgrade from Bryan Bulaga, but Green Bay was working with very limited resources this offseason and somehow found a legitimate starting right tackle for under $5.0 million this year and only $5.5 million on average over two seasons. Wagner will allow the Packers to continue to play within Matt LaFleur’s offense and not consistently help the position with chips or extra blockers. This also allows the Packers to select a top tackle if they want but buys Brian Gutekunst time if he can’t find one in 2020.

WORST

Texans Trade DeAndre Hopkins
Bears Acquire Nick Foles & Jimmy Graham
Dolphins Overspend
Cardinals and Broncos Pay Running Backs
Colts Trade for DeForest Buckner
Vikings Extend Kirk Cousins
Bengals Sign D.J. Reader & Trae Waynes
Jaguars Sign Joe Schobert
Rams Sign Leonard Floyd