NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The date. I’m talking about the 10-13 dogfight in Lambeau a few years ago. Deebo is exactly the type of player needed in those situations. He was injured this year for the entire postseason and gutted it out but it put was not his peak statistically. He still suited up and helped his team. 

So on that day....

10 rushing attempts.  39 yards.  3 catches 44 yards.  0 TD's.  

And that was his career year when he went over 1,000 yards receiving for the first and only time in his career.

56 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So on that day....

And that was his career year when he went over 1,000 yards receiving for the first and only time in his career.

He also had 2 solid KR one for 45 that set a field goal. he also had a got to have it 3&7 that let the 9ers run out the clock and set up a game winner. I know you know that box score does not tell the whole story. Deebo, Kittle and whoever blocked that punt win that game. No one had great stats but in the context of the game, they made the difference.

Statistics are a useful metric but need context. Aiyuk had zero statistical contributions that game but he helped his team win in other ways. I think he’s a good player but will wait and see if he’s worth top 5 WR money. 

The 49ers losing Aiyuk is going to impact that offense a lot more than losing Deebo (imo). He's the guy keeping the defenses back. Samuel gives you someone who can do a bit of what CMC does and a bit of what Kittle does (at least in terms of routes/weapon utilization). While obviously he's a good player, he'd be more easily replaced on that team right now than Aiyuk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So on that day....

Deebo's biggest issue is he gets banged up too easily and plays the game recklessly with his body.  It's his strength and his weakness.

Aiyuk is a very underrated route runner.  One of the top guys IMO.  Cut from the davante/keenan allen cloth

I would prefer Aiyuk given Deebo's propensity to get banged up and be limited and/or miss games.

I know “logic” isn’t really playing a role here, but I am unsure why/how athletes/celebs let this happen. I don’t care how much money I make - those are financial ties I would not want!!! Wrap it up, fellas!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I know “logic” isn’t really playing a role here, but I am unsure why/how athletes/celebs let this happen. I don’t care how much money I make - those are financial ties I would not want!!! Wrap it up, fellas!!

My only question is how many is he married to....or was he married to. If single...having sex with multiple women - not a problem - but damn dude. There's methods now which can prevent this kind of stuff from happening.

• Like 1