NFL News & Notes

Leader

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not surprising...

ProFootballTalk -  Although the league might put him on paid leave and/or eventually suspend him without pay, the Chiefs seem to be inclined to stick with WR Rashee Rice after last month's street-racing incident.

It was a victimless crime, correct? All the property damage was his own property, and no one was injured? I do know he had other crap in his vehicles.

I think this is a point where he either says:  "That was stupid, I won't do that again." or "Nobody tells me what to do."  But until it gets to the second statement, I don't know that any NFL team should or would cut ties.  Plenty of these dudes have done pretty stupid things.  We had Najeh Davenport...

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It was a victimless crime, correct? All the property damage was his own property, and no one was injured? I do know he had other crap in his vehicles.

I think this is a point where he either says:  "That was stupid, I won't do that again." or "Nobody tells me what to do."  But until it gets to the second statement, I don't know that any NFL team should or would cut ties.  Plenty of these dudes have done pretty stupid things.  We had Najeh Davenport...

Not exactly

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39950361/lawsuit-seeks-millions-chiefs-rashee-rice-smu-teddy-knox

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

heard a discussion on this recently (can't recall the radio show).  but recent high speed vehicle incidents

Jordan Addison was going 140 mph ... no suspension

Marquise Brown was going 126 mph ... no suspension

I think the NFL will let the legal case play out before issuing any suspension

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That and even if no one was hurt or any property damage occurred, high speed racing in the middle of a city has the potential to cause really serious harm. It’s not even in the same stratosphere of some kid in college dropping an extra load in someone’s hamper in the dorms. 

17 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I was uninformed.  My bad.  

Still, as a team, I would let the courts have their say, and then let the league have their say.  It is still a stupid thing to do, and could have ended up way worse.  

18 minutes ago, Refugee said:

That and even if no one was hurt or any property damage occurred, high speed racing in the middle of a city has the potential to cause really serious harm. It’s not even in the same stratosphere of some kid in college dropping an extra load in someone’s hamper in the dorms. 

I view both as stupid.  One was incredibly dangerous.  The other was incredibly disgusting, unless you are well removed from it, like me, then it is hilarious.  Hitting yourself in the head repeatedly with a hammer is probably more detrimental than gluing your hand to the table, but both are stupid, you know?

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Please post this in the stalking AR thread. Especially after the RFK stuff in an election year this complicated fella is going to have a colorful offseason and it’s best to not spill into actual football news with the Jets’ QB fantasy. 

Edited by Refugee

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Please post this in the stalking AR thread. Especially after the RFK stuff in an election year this complicated fella is going to have a colorful offseason and it’s best to not spill into actual football news with the Jets’ QB fantasy. 

Was that thread unlocked?

Just now, Leader said:

Was that thread unlocked?

Oh, I don’t know. This is the kind of material that could probably get it locked again. I like having it as sort of a lightning rod for AR crazy stuff and keeping the other threads readable and hopefully unlocked. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Oh, I don’t know. This is the kind of material that could probably get it locked again. I like having it as sort of a lightning rod for AR crazy stuff and keeping the other threads readable and hopefully unlocked. 

No big deal. It's NFL news. Nothing to go crazy about. It's just AR being AR.

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Nope. Still locked.