NFL News & Notes

Leader

This is a good deal for both parties IMO.

NFL Rumors -  The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Carson Wentz one-year deal worth $3.325 million, with $2.2 million fully guaranteed and up to $1.1 million in per-game active roster bonuses.

- 62.7 % Comp - 22,292 Yards - 153 TD - 67 INT - 6 2,500 yard passing seasons  - 1,411 Rushing Yards

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Do we get a compensatory pick for this.... ;) 

Glad he's getting another shot. Have to wonder if the time off allowed him to heal up completely. Just have to wonder if he could possibly be athletic enough to keep up after the injuries he's had to deal with. 

Kevin Seifert -  In 2023, 30 NFL players wore position-specific helmets. This year, more manufacturers entered the space. There are 8 models in the NFL/NFLPA's top 12. Too early to know if these models will impact use or concussion numbers, but an encouraging market sign.

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Really have to wonder what is going to happen to Rice. What will the NFL do? What will the Chiefs do? What will the legal system do? 

Chiefs' Rashee Rice facing 8 charges in relation to high-speed wreck - ESPN

Whoa they are really going after him.  Guessing he'll serve a year in jail and a hefty fine.  KC will be looking to draft WR no doubt about it.  NFL will probably issue a 1 year suspension which won't matter because he'll be in jail anyway.  Well that's my take.  Skeptic in me says he'll get a slap in the wrist and a 3 game suspension. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Whoa they are really going after him.  Guessing he'll serve a year in jail and a hefty fine.  KC will be looking to draft WR no doubt about it.  NFL will probably issue a 1 year suspension which won't matter because he'll be in jail anyway.  Well that's my take.  Skeptic in me says he'll get a slap in the wrist and a 3 game suspension. 

I'd be shocked if he spent a year in jail. I obviously don't have all the details, but nobody died, and I don't believe there were any life-threatening injuries. 

Honestly, I have no idea what the NFL will do. The Chiefs, they will do nothing, history shows us that with the guys they've brought in with very sketchy pasts. 

Adam Schefter -   O.J. Simpson, the former football great who was accused of and ultimately acquitted of the brutal 1994 slayings of his ex-wife and her friend, has died, according to his family. He was 76.
"On April 10th, our father, Orenthal James Simpson, succumbed to his battle with cancer. He was surrounded by his children and grandchildren. During this time of transition, his family asks that you please respect their wishes for privacy and grace," a statement from his family said.

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'd be shocked if he spent a year in jail. I obviously don't have all the details, but nobody died, and I don't believe there were any life-threatening injuries. 

Honestly, I have no idea what the NFL will do. The Chiefs, they will do nothing, history shows us that with the guys they've brought in with very sketchy pasts. 

Just read the article and what they are charging him with.  It's Texas they aren't as soft on crime.  Sure his lawyer will plea it down but they are charging him with some pretty serious crimes.  Most damning thing is they fled the scene of an accident why I believe he'll serve some time.