NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, HokieHigh said:

The lawsuit accuses Andrews of negligence for not using a specific graft, injuring surrounding knee cartilage, not repairing the medial meniscus, failing to supervise residents and fellows and failing to provide proper care after surgery.

from the article

In my experience with surgery, I was able to dictate who advised/provided guidance and who sliced

i also was explicitly asked for permission when fellows/residents were involved

36 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

The lawsuit accuses Andrews of negligence for not using a specific graft, injuring surrounding knee cartilage, not repairing the medial meniscus, failing to supervise residents and fellows and failing to provide proper care after surgery.

from the article

In my experience with surgery, I was able to dictate who advised/provided guidance and who sliced

I know that's what the accusation is. My point is we have no idea if the accusation has any merit.

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I know that's what the accusation is. My point is we have no idea if the accusation has any merit.

seems that making blatantly meritless accusations would lower the probability of being believed on the ones that have merit but im not a fancy lawyer idk how that works

13 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

seems that making blatantly meritless accusations would lower the probability of being believed on the ones that have merit but im not a fancy lawyer idk how that works

Anybody can file a lawsuit, merit or not. No idea if this one has merit or not, but Andrews is widely respected for this type of surgery. I just can't imagine he'd be that careless with anybody, much less an NFL player. 

Time will tell though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Rodgers is such a bad liar that most of this was already intuited by us, but it's nice to have confirmation from a trusted source. It seemed fairly obvious that he ghosted GB as much as they wanted to get rid of him. I'm not mad, I only regret it didn't happen one year sooner.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I would be perfectly fine with the Packers playing 17 Sunday's at either 1 or 4 EST. 

Agree 100%, but they are overdue for a Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit. I believe the last one was in 2013, been 10 years.   

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

All the evidence was out there when the Bills drafted him and cut their other punter to make him the starter. Was the media mob that forced them into cutting him and declared him guilty to the world prematurely. Hope a team gives him another shot. Same thing happened to Cephus at WI, put them on an exemption list and let the situation be handled by professionals.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

All the evidence was out there when the Bills drafted him and cut their other punter to make him the starter. Was the media mob that forced them into cutting him and declared him guilty to the world prematurely. Hope a team gives him another shot. Same thing happened to Cephus at WI, put them on an exemption list and let the situation be handled by professionals.

Damn. That poor guy. His career probably ruined by her. That's messed up.

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

There definitely needs to be something more than the court of public opinion to convict, especially in this world where bad news travels fast and it is hard to get in front of a sensational story. Still, I’d have to believe some new evidence or degree of credibility surfaced from what they had worked out predraft or they could have held to their original conclusions. Either way, I agree that there needs to be some middle ground that waits for the burden of proof to be met and can still let teams deal with scandals. Real issues will come up but these guys will be targets for false accusers, especially when the money starts coming in.

BTW, Cephus is one of the players suspended in the recent gambling scandal. Don’t think it’s right but it will be harder for him to beat that rap if contract states he can’t gamble on team premises. 

Edited by Refugee

10 hours ago, Leader said:

We should absolutely sign this guy. He's a weapon. 

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Damn. That poor guy. His career probably ruined by her. That's messed up.

It sure is and he should sue for libel and make sure he gets any future earnings from this woman. She has to be messed up in the head.

On a brighter note, he is a free agent and hope he lands. Preferred destination, Green Bay. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Azaria has a big time leg....he's better than our current punter for sure. 

What happened to him is becoming all too typical in this country. The person that alleges a crime is immediately placed into a protected class called victim hood and the accused is immediately deemed guilty by the media and therefore the public unless they can prove themselves innocent. There are many bad individuals out there who have done bad things and deserve their punishment.  But there are some that are innocent of these type of accusations.  I can only hope that our society can eventually learn to take a step back and not immediately judge other people until all the evidence is in and can be weighed by a court of law.

What's really sad here is what recourse does he now have? For the most part, the media has moved on and is not going to apologize or even show any remorse for what they did.  They'll even defend their actions and say "we were just covering the story".  This news about him and what really happened won't get much coverage.  I'll bet if you ask most people a year from now about Azaria, they'll say he is the person that assaulted and raped someone and then they'll ask if he ever got punished?  When someone tells them this news they'll just shrug and maybe go "ooh" at best.

Hopefully the Packers give him a chance...he deserves it.