NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

So, the Jets are Green Bay East, and the Bears are Green Bay South. The Vikings has historically loved grabbing ex Packers. I don't know if they have any/many ex-Packers currently though.

The Vikes did us a favour and took that miserable man Dean Lowry off our hands. Apart from that, I don't think they got any former Packers on their roster. 

Edited by Brit Pack
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2023 at 10:09 AM, R T said:

The Packers are going to have their hands full in week 1, I will be pleasantly surprised if the Packers get that week one win.  

It wouldn't quite get to "shocking" level, but I'd definitely be surprised to see GB come out of CHI with a win in week 1.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

It wouldn't quite get to "shocking" level, but I'd definitely be surprised to see GB come out of CHI with a win in week 1.

Why do people think the Bears are going to be a good football team? It's a head scratcher to me. 

The only explanation is how flat the Packers have come out the last two years. Love and most of the starters are going to play some this preseason. 

I think we curb stomp the Bears. 

• Like 1

The enthusiasm some people have for the Bears is a bit mystifying. This is a team that lost their last 10 games last year and 13 out of their last 14. They were active in free agency this year and should be better, but they have a long way to go before they can be considered a good team. That said, the Packers level of readiness in Week 1 the last 2 years makes them a question mark too. If I bet on games, I wouldn't go near this one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Why do people think the Bears are going to be a good football team? It's a head scratcher to me. 

The only explanation is how flat the Packers have come out the last two years. Love and most of the starters are going to play some this preseason. 

I think we curb stomp the Bears. 

I've said this before, but I'll believe the starters are getting reps in the Preseason if I see it. Until they do this, I'm assuming the opposite.