NFL News & Notes

Leader

Brewers fans are going to get a free pass in this forum for obvious reasons but they are by far the worst I've encountered. It's been a decade since I've been to a game but there was a good 15 year stretch (1995-2010ish) when I can't recall a single game I went to where drunk a**holes weren't being aggressive drunk a**holes to visiting fans for no reason. It got dialed up to 11 for Cubs games.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:52 PM, wgbeethree said:

Brewers fans are going to get a free pass in this forum for obvious reasons but they are by far the worst I've encountered. It's been a decade since I've been to a game but there was a good 15 year stretch (1995-2010ish) when I can't recall a single game I went to where drunk a**holes weren't being aggressive drunk a**holes to visiting fans for no reason. It got dialed up to 11 for Cubs games.

You’re saying they need to bring back the “two-fisted slopper” PSAs?

Edited by Refugee

22 hours ago, Refugee said:

These are same fans that booed Santa

as far as this story, is anyone aware that the santa in question was absolutely LIT drunk, was on the field supposed to be performing some sort of parade but instead was drunkenly careening all over the field instead of doing his job?

I would absolutely boo that santa.

22 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What's really weird is how seriously you seem to take the fan experience of a game. Not sure why anyone would defend gross behavior that makes people genuinely uncomfortable 

nah, I'm good on that convo.  It ain't that deep man.

22 hours ago, Refugee said:

To some extent that's true, but there are plenty of other large cities, larger than Philly, that don't get the same rep.  These are same fans that booed Santa and the under the stadium jail is routinely stocked.  I've never been to an Eagles game, so I won't comment as a firsthand observer.  Like most things in the wide world, it all depends on the individual circumstances.  At the same game someone has the time of their life, someone else ends up in the hospital or jail.

It's one of the few east coast cities where the biggest fans who live in the city are actually at the game.  New York doesn't play anywhere close to the city and the fans are mostly jersey/out of state suburbs.  Similarly, NE is 1 hour from Boston.  I guess Atlanta? but I get the sense the biggest GA fans are Bulldog fans not Falcons fans.   

Oakland fans are/were the actual worst - there were multiple deaths in the parking lots leading up to their move out of oakland.

21 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Eagles fans being pretty civil in the bar afterwards has not been my experience.

so you got in a fight?

26 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

After 2 weeks, the RB's sounding off about wanting better contracts aren't making much of a case for themselves.

Pollard DAL: 142 ru yds, 49 rec yds, 2 tds
Jacobs OAK: 46 ru yds, 74 rec yds, 0 td 
Barkley NYG: Injured
Eckler LAC: Injured
Taylor IND: Injured

It’s a cold world out there for RBs. I stand by the correct configuration being one mid priced vet, one highish level rookie contract(2-4th round) and the best of the udfa or late picks who can hopefully play ST and be the next man up. As soon as anyone becomes too expensive or is injured/loses a step; rinse and repeat. I wish it were not like that but getting your OLine and QB squared away is more important and expensive. The key is to have some quality depth that can run your system when given the chance, even if they area step below the starter. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 11:43 AM, skibrett15 said:

as far as this story, is anyone aware that the santa in question was absolutely LIT drunk, was on the field supposed to be performing some sort of parade but instead was drunkenly careening all over the field instead of doing his job?

I would absolutely boo that santa.

I was under the impression he was drunk off his *** on a parade float and the parade float got stuck in the snow, but fair point. 

Actually, in retrospect, why would you boo that santa??? That sounds like the most entertaining thing to happen in an NFL halftime show since Janet Jackson popped her **** out?

• Like 1