NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

This **** always assumes (I think) that everyone who illegally streams would instead buy the ticket or whatever if they couldn't. 

That's not how piracy works though, I could be wrong I'm too lazy to read it lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No one's fault but their own. The illegal options are onerous. People who do it would GLADLY pay a reasonable price to watch games they go out of their way to stream illegally. 

I always think this about stuff like the other day I was like hmm how much is ad free Reddit (also there's extensions and an app that does this, of course) and it's ******* $7 a month. Lol no. Two maybe three bucks I'd be down, but that's probably tied into the revenue they guess they make off users otherwise so it's a little different. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I always think this about stuff like the other day I was like hmm how much is ad free Reddit (also there's extensions and an app that does this, of course) and it's ******* $7 a month. Lol no. Two maybe three bucks I'd be down, but that's probably tied into the revenue they guess they make off users otherwise so it's a little different. 

I'd pay $2-3 to watch a random MNF game sometimes I suspect.

Make this stuff a la cart

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No one's fault but their own. The illegal options are onerous. People who do it would GLADLY pay a reasonable price to watch games they go out of their way to stream illegally. 

I've been streaming since I follow the sport, always wanting to have a legal, more comfortable way of doing it. Two things have deterred me from getting Game Pass:

• Price. I think it used to be higher and they lowered it a bit, but it's still 172 bucks for the season. It's not totally unreasonable, if I watch Packers only it comes out to 10 a game, which is a bit overpriced but not egregious. I still think they should have a "team" GP that is something like 50-60% of the price and lets you watch only games from your favorite team. However...
  • Quality. Every time I've read about someone that has it, they don't really have good things to say. I've read complains about quality and stability of the stream, and frankly I'm not gonna pay 172 € unless I know it's perfect, TV-like HD video with no interruptions at all.
  • Like 2

The feds don't have time to chase down every person in Boise, Idaho watching games through illegal streaming.

They are looking people recording movies or sporting events on streaming TV and selling them on DVDs.  

It's like the cops leaving a bank robbery to arrest someone jaywalking.    They have much bigger fish to fry than Billy Bob streaming the Bengals.

40 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I've been streaming since I follow the sport, always wanting to have a legal, more comfortable way of doing it. Two things have deterred me from getting Game Pass:

• Price. I think it used to be higher and they lowered it a bit, but it's still 172 bucks for the season. It's not totally unreasonable, if I watch Packers only it comes out to 10 a game, which is a bit overpriced but not egregious. I still think they should have a "team" GP that is something like 50-60% of the price and lets you watch only games from your favorite team. However...
  • Quality. Every time I've read about someone that has it, they don't really have good things to say. I've read complains about quality and stability of the stream, and frankly I'm not gonna pay 172 € unless I know it's perfect, TV-like HD video with no interruptions at all.

yep - I gladly pay the $80 a year to get Forumla 1's F1tv streaming service, and it's ****ing awesome. I can pick between two broadcast crews, AND watch up to 6 or 7 other live driver cameras/telemetry data screens at the same time with my single subscription.

There's nothing about the NFL broadcast product worth paying a nickel for outside of actually being able to view it if i can't in my area, and removing the ungodly amount of ads' US sports television forces upon us.