NFL News & Notes

Leader

40 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is it too much of an exaggeration to think Payton could lose the team if they lose to Chicago? 

I do kind of think that narrative is kind of dumb. They were bad enough to give Seattle the #5 pick last year. Maybe it was more the roster than people are willing to admit and too much was blamed on the coaching staff.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I do kind of think that narrative is kind of dumb. They were bad enough to give Seattle the #5 pick last year. Maybe it was more the roster than people are willing to admit and too much was blamed on the coaching staff.

Not my point. They clearly quit last Sunday, week 3. I get what they gave up for Payton, fools, This could get away from him quickly with a loss to Chicago Sunday. 

39 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I had been saying that the entire time.  What exactly made Denver some sleeping dragon that just needed a QB? Their offensive skill positions were vastly overestimated.  It was only like 400 days ago when Noah Fant and Judge Jeudy were touted as assets.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not my point. They clearly quit last Sunday, week 3. I get what they gave up for Payton, fools, This could get away from him quickly with a loss to Chicago Sunday. 

My point is they are bad from the foundation. If they are giving up, they arent giving up on Payton. They are giving up on themselves. It's the whole thing about even the best chef can't make chicken salad out of chicken bleep. Because there really isn't any hope of making sweeping roster changes and are in denial about the actual talent of the team, it ended up basically being blamed on Hackett and the staff and Payton was the next "silver bullet" just like trading for Wilson was.

You call it quitting on him. I call it finally just accepting they suck. This team was doomed before they ever hired Payton

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

My point is they are bad from the foundation. If they are giving up, they arent giving up on Payton. They are giving up on themselves. It's the whole thing about even the best chef can't make chicken salad out of chicken bleep. Because there really isn't any hope of making sweeping roster changes and are in denial about the actual talent of the team, it ended up basically being blamed on Hackett and the staff and Payton was the next "silver bullet" just like trading for Wilson was.

You call it quitting on him. I call it finally just accepting they suck. This team was doomed before they ever hired Payton

Gotcha! I was never a big Wilson fan and can't stand the person. Same with Payton. Looking at their roster, I'd say middle of the road on paper, maybe 20th at the worst. Seems like a group of underachievers. Maybe they are bringing in the wrong type of people. 

Either way, it couldn't have happened to two more deserving guys in Wilson and Payton IMO. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Gotcha! I was never a big Wilson fan and can't stand the person. Same with Payton. Looking at their roster, I'd say middle of the road on paper, maybe 20th at the worst. Seems like a group of underachievers. Maybe they are bringing in the wrong type of people. 

Either way, it couldn't have happened to two more deserving guys in Wilson and Payton IMO. 

Don't forget the Walmart family now owns the team making it a triumphant* of unlikable characters.

Edit: triumvirate 

Edited by wgbeethree

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Don't forget the Walmart family now owns the team making it a triumphant of unlikable characters.

Enos Stanley Kroenke is also married to one of the Walton girls.  Is there not a rule prohibiting family members from both owning a team?  I am saying this as someone who would love for the Rams to be taken away from Kroenke.  

54 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I agree. Never really understood all the Payton love. I'm not hating the start of his Denver tenure at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I had been saying that the entire time.  What exactly made Denver some sleeping dragon that just needed a QB? Their offensive skill positions were vastly overestimated.  It was only like 400 days ago when Noah Fant and Judge Jeudy were touted as assets.   

It wasn't that long ago that many on here were salivating at the thought of getting some of those young players on that roster.

I still feel like the roster has some good, young talent.  But not as much as I previously had thought.