NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Raymond brought his name up in a other thread, but if the Packers are looking for a decent flyer on a useful running back to add to the mix they should look at Antonio Gibson.  After the Commandos got thrashed by the Bears I think they could be close to sell mode.  Gibson is a talented guy that has fallen out of favor there.  He's a really good receiving back and would fit in GB.  I think he's super underutilized in Washington.  Can't imagine he would cost much at this point. 

Thats an interesting take too, i'd never considered before.

With this being a growing year, with playoffs not an expectation, and Dillon looking to be a miss. Ya might not look at bubble teams to be buyers, but if it fits and would give Love an out of the backfield option that could help boost his confidence in addition to Jones injury and next year contract numbers in question. That seems like a very reasonable and savvy type of move to aid in his development. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Seriously. I dont know any of their secondary players and wasnt watching the game straight thru (or much at all in fact) but the game started out with the CHI WRs getting directly behind coverage on the first 3 tosses - the last one for a TD - and based on highlights, it didnt get much better than that.

It cracked me up how Moore had like 175 yds receiving and 2 TDs and you’d think they’d give the CB help on Moore. And yet on Moore’s last TD, the CB not only misplayed the ball but completely whiffed on the tackle too and the closest safety was somewhere in Baltimore lol. 

On 10/7/2023 at 3:20 PM, Leader said:

Face mask to face mask taunting that gets close and personal—that I get as a penalty.

This little insult by JJ, whatever that was, is kind of a stupid thing to flag.

Like Aaron Jones’ flagged “bye-bye” TD, it adds color to the game, not venom, and shouldn’t be flagged.

Nobody detested Moss more than me, but I thought the moon at Lambeau was funny. Chirping isn’t taunting.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Dude is big fast and strong, but so are the defenders in the NFL. The Colts usage of this guy is likely going to shorten this career. 

I agree, but part of this is on Richardson for not making any real effort to avoid taking big shots.  IND is exposing him to a lot of hits for sure, but he is also taking a lot of shots he could avoid.

24 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I agree, but part of this is on Richardson for not making any real effort to avoid taking big shots.  IND is exposing him to a lot of hits for sure, but he is also taking a lot of shots he could avoid.

Probably due to the fact he was not ready to start in the NFL. He is so raw that putting him out there was going to be a trainwreck. 

I 100% believe the decision to start him was the owners and not the head coaches. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Probably due to the fact he was not ready to start in the NFL. He is so raw that putting him out there was going to be a trainwreck. 

I 100% believe the decision to start him was the owners and not the head coaches. 

And it isn't like the cupboard is bare there either.  Minshew is a capable player, while also not likely to be so good that you can't bench him when Richardson is ready to play.