NFL News & Notes

Leader

19 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This whole thing is hilarious. 

AR12: "Zach we need you back out there man." 

Wilson: "So I can end up like you? Nah, I'm good." 

Salah all but said he was moving on from Wilson right after the game of his last start. I'm having a hard time believing this. They also sent him to third string. I think that was because they thought he was that bad and not the guys in front of him.

If this is true; the guy should not be in the NFL. In his defense, that offensive line would be bad if it were in a power 5 college conference. 

18 hours ago, Refugee said:

They’re still paying him around 9mil/year with another year and 5th year option on his deal. There is definitely some bad blood there but both sides would be smart to play nice. End of the day, whatever makes that 2nd rounder drop is my preferred outcome so I hope the drama blows it all up. 

There is not going to be a 5th year option exercised on Wilson's contract. He got his SB already. The nine million is the cap #. Hhe's getting 3.8 this year and 5.4 next year. all guaranteed. They can cut him next year without any additional cap damage. He's gone after this year. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

There is not going to be a 5th year option exercised on Wilson's contract. He got his SB already. The nine million is the cap #. Hhe's getting 3.8 this year and 5.4 next year. all guaranteed. They can cut him next year without any additional cap damage. He's gone after this year. 

Yes, I have access to the same numbers. I was just pointing out he signed a 4/35mil contract and has a year plus the option left as a good reason to not bail on his team. His coach has come out and said of course Zach wants to play, but decisions are being made. We’re assuming he’s out next year but none of that has been determined. It’s in both sides interest to at least keep the PR looking rosy for whatever happens next year. He may still be there as a backup to AR, they may find a way to get a small asset back for him, it might all blow up and he walks/gets cut. It’s sports reporting so plenty of wild takes get thrown out as fact but the Jets would be wise to keep the drama in house, they still have dreams of a comeback next year and will have to purge any bad blood that builds up this year. 

23 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yes, I have access to the same numbers. I was just pointing out he signed a 4/35mil contract and has a year plus the option left as a good reason to not bail on his team. His coach has come out and said of course Zach wants to play, but decisions are being made. We’re assuming he’s out next year but none of that has been determined. It’s in both sides interest to at least keep the PR looking rosy for whatever happens next year. He may still be there as a backup to AR, they may find a way to get a small asset back for him, it might all blow up and he walks/gets cut. It’s sports reporting so plenty of wild takes get thrown out as fact but the Jets would be wise to keep the drama in house, they still have dreams of a comeback next year and will have to purge any bad blood that builds up this year. 

Fair enough. Do you see anyway they bring him back next year? I don't, but stranger things have happened. 

Can't wait to see Rodgers on McAfee today. He's obviously going to deny he had to tell Wilson to get back in there. Also have to wonder if he shuts down the, "I'm coming back stuff." The Jets are out of it for all intent and purposes. 

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Fair enough. Do you see anyway they bring him back next year? I don't, but stranger things have happened. 

Can't wait to see Rodgers on McAfee today. He's obviously going to deny he had to tell Wilson to get back in there. Also have to wonder if he shuts down the, "I'm coming back stuff." The Jets are out of it for all intent and purposes. 

I can’t really see him back there but unless someone gives him a promise to have a real shot at playing time, he’ll be a back up either way. Change of scenery might do him some good but so might playing under a HOFer. Not really our problem after the 2nd rounder gets set for this year so I’m not sweating it out. 

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I would think he's moved in the draft for peanuts. They tried, it failed. You don't need that in your locker room. 

Mason Crosby got a new gig! Maybe he can dig a few off the crossbar or upright for the Rams. Practice squad for now, but he'll be called up. 

Seriously though, I wish him good luck. Unless it's a kick to keep us out of the playoffs, then it's, doink one for us. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This conversation was because Hurts is hurt. He's not healthy enough to do what makes him great. 

That headline they put was misleading,I think he was just saying get him healthy for when it matters. That was my take. Was going to post that yesterday and got sidetracked.

• Like 2