NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Couple years ago the WWE had a wrestling named Lana.  She was actually one of those FSU college football girls with that Jen Sterger chick that would always get on tv.  She aged well.  Terrible wrestler, but very cute.  Her claim to fame was having Nia Jax powerbomb her through tables every week.

Whenever she'd get on tv, I'd tell my wife that the next time we go to a live event, one of the signs I make is going to say "Spell Lana backwards!".

Just my contribution to this thread this morning after having two cups of very strong coffee.  Apologies.

Lana was known for being someone's beautiful wife.

I am totally on board with this.

NFL might steal this rule from the XFL, which could lead to two major changes on kickoffs

If you've never seen an XFL kickoff, it's dramatically different from an NFL kickoff. The kicker stands by himself at the 30-yard while his other 10 teammates stand at the opponents' 35-yard line. The receiving team has to put 10 players at their own 30-yard line -- just five yards away from the kicking team's players -- and then one player is lined up deep to receive the kick. No one is allowed to move until the returner has fielded the kick.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

This guy cant land a job.
First he was said to be joining Chicago.....then Las Vegas....now (for the time being) it's Washington.

Don't know about CHI, but Kingsbury walked away from the LV job.  I expect that happened after Ben Johnson to WAS fell apart, and Quinn was hired instead.  Now WAS needs a OC to work with whatever QB they select at #2, presumably Maye.  The WAS situation has to be way more appealing to Kingsbury than what LV has to offer. 

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Don't know about CHI, but Kingsbury walked away from the LV job.  I expect that happened after Ben Johnson to WAS fell apart, and Quinn was hired instead.  Now WAS needs a OC to work with whatever QB they select at #2, presumably Maye.  The WAS situation has to be way more appealing to Kingsbury than what LV has to offer. 

I dont know what happened with the CHI angle either.....or if it was really a serious thing....but the rumor / story line was the connection to Kingsbury's who worked with Caleb (?) ... etc, etc, etc. Who knows. 

Agree with your take on the WAS situation. New everything FO-wise and coaching staff. Gotta be worth at least a 3-4 year run before they start to get rid of anybody.

Just now, Leader said:

I dont know what happened with the CHI angle either.....or if it was really a serious thing....but the rumor / story line was the connection to Kingsbury's who worked with Caleb (?) ... etc, etc, etc. Who knows. 

Agree with your take on the WAS situation. New everything FO-wise and coaching staff. Gotta be worth at least a 3-4 year run before they start to get rid of anybody.

Williams regressed last year while Kingbury worked with him at USC.  That may very well be a factor in why CHI didn't work out.