NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

I will laugh if they pay Goff. Right now he's cheap for them, but I don't see him as anything more than "solid"

I could be wrong but I don't think Goff is particularly cheap, It's that the rest of the roster is cheap, and also Detroit is not on the hook for the bonus money and such in his current contract

Edited by Mr Bad Example

14 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I could be wrong but I don't think Goff is particularly cheap, It's that the rest of the roster is cheap, and also Detroit is not on the hook for the bonus money and such in his current contract

14 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

He’s 40-50% of what his extension will be…

Edited by fattlipp

Translated from Portuguese:

BRASSSILL!!! The Eagles are heading to São Paulo this fall to play one of their home games. The Green Bay Packers are scheduled to play them, so there's a very real chance we'll see this matchup in Brazil! We hope to be able to visit you.

Edited by Leader

3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I think people forget Goff will still only be 29 at the start of next season. 

I'm not worried about his age. I just think he is a limited guy that they will be looking to replace rather than pay. He posted well this year but as expense come up he is the guy being replaced. It's not long to get St. Brown, Hutch, Sewell, and more signed. Goff is the odd man out at the price tag he will ask. Unless he sees it as a chance to take one gif the team but usually agents don't allow that. 

Edited by CrazyJoeDavola

54 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

His signing bonus was paid by the Rams, Right? That alone makes him much cheaper.

Edited by spilltray

4 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Now find the quote from a year ago saying he has to get out of KC so he can showcase his abilities. P.S. I'm not saying RGIII said that but others suggested it. And not actually asking you Leader to do this. 

I remember the commentary...but there's gotta be something about this guy....cause he certainly has the resume.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

A non play calling OC is just a position coach with a fancy title. I don't see why you'd assume that makes him HC material. 

Then it's his own damn fault for picking Washington as the place to do that. Jump in a dumpster fire and you get burned.

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

A non play calling OC is just a position coach with a fancy title. I don't see why you'd assume that makes him HC material. Then it's his own damn fault for picking Washington as the place to do that. Jump in a dumpster fire and you get burned.

Yeah........still....he's gotta get some credit for designing the plays no? I mean...what was he doing the entire time?

I actually changed my mind about the Goof this season.  He has a strong arm, and is deadly accurate, when he is on his spot.  When you get him moving in the pocket, he is not nearly as good, and in fact can be quite bad.  He won't give you the game, but there are certainly ways you can take it from him.  He probably won't ever be the top tier MVP type of QB, but he is going to be good to above average for like 85-90% of games.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Yeah........still....he's gotta get some credit for designing the plays no? I mean...what was he doing the entire time?

The problem is no one knows how much is him and how much is Andy Reid. All we know for sure is Reid calls the plays which means Bieniemy is basically his assistant OC. Why is that a guy you'd trust to run a team before he's run an offense? 

If the HC is an offensive or defensive play caller they are given credit as the de facto coordinator, almost universally. Whatever they do they aren't really in charge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I actually changed my mind about the Goof this season.  He has a strong arm, and is deadly accurate, when he is on his spot.  When you get him moving in the pocket, he is not nearly as good, and in fact can be quite bad.  He won't give you the game, but there are certainly ways you can take it from him.  He probably won't ever be the top tier MVP type of QB, but he is going to be good to above average for like 85-90% of games.

Is that worth the contract it'll take to keep him around?