NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't follow.  Reed just had the best rookie WR statistical year in GB's history.

Well, no - Billy Howtons rookie year was jaw-droppingly good. Like Randy Moss rookie year good.

But it was also in the early 50s and nobody talks about him so I can understand being unaware of it.

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Well, no - Billy Howtons rookie year was jaw-droppingly good. Like Randy Moss rookie year good.

But it was also in the early 50s and nobody talks about him so I can understand being unaware of it.

Not since Jimmy "slick peanuts" McGillicuddy has a WR had that good a rookie campaign. Since 1764 anyway. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Former Bucs LB Devin White is signing a 1-year, 7.5M max deal with the #Eagles.

Him and Dodson off the board. Expect the Packers to hold off on a LB move at this point until they go through the draft. 

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Him and Dodson off the board. Expect the Packers to hold off on a LB move at this point until they go through the draft. 

That and we will see what other teams cut. Plenty of time still to add to that room. Lets keep this boss sauce (outside of Jones) off season rolling! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Nevermind seen he went to the Hawks.

What's the deal with Darius Leonard? He is available, he was a stud, what happened to him?

He's spent. Best to wait at this point. For all we know, Gute loves Cooper or Colson and plans to use a day 2 pick on a LB. If so, that changes the outlook. 

Allen is a great "get" for Chicago.

I feel like they now have 2 of the top 4 WR's in the division.  TE room is much better now that they have Everett.  Swift is good RB.

Bears put themselves in a great draft position to take Williams, then see if it will be WR or EDGE (Dallas) at #9.

Let's say they go WR....that would be a great skill group for a young QB to play with.

Hate to say it but it looks like their plan is to draft Williams and sit him for a while, while Fields starts.  Which means, they may not ruin Williams.  Bears are not doing Bears things right now.