NFL News & Notes

Leader

Justin Fields to the Steelers.......

For a SIXTH ROUNDER (4th if benchmarks met).  My god......why do I feel the Steelers made out in that trade

NFL treating Fields as if he's Josh Rosen.  He aint THAT bad

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

Just now, HeresAGuy said:

For a SIXTH ROUNDER (4th if benchmarks met).  My god......why do I feel the Steelers made out in that trade

Lol beautiful. Bears fans have been mocking 2rps all offseason 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

I'll just thow out that in basketball and baseball being mediocre and playing a lot on a bad team makes you look better. In football it does the opposite.

You put an 18 point a game player from the Bucks on Washington and he's suddenly the best option and gets to shoot 6 more times a game and he's now a 24 points a game guy. You put the 18 HR Dodgers 7 hole hitter on the Rockies and suddenly he's hitting in the 3 hole and he's getting 100 extra at bats and free to swing away and he's a 24 HR guy. You put a mediocre QB on a bad offense and he's toast. 

Sorry....I'm unable to read your reply until my Pickett limit goes down - in about 6 months :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Stupid of the Bears.  They should have just kept him this year.  Don't know why they would make that trade. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

6th that can rise to a 4th with playing time.. pick is in 2025. 

Really thought they'd get a 2nd early on .. league doesn't see him as a staring caliber guy. 

Just now, Scoremore said:

Stupid of the Bears.  They should have just kept him this year.  Don't know why they would make that trade. 

I am literally bewildered.  I have in laws who are bears fans and have been saying the whole time that they are keeping Fields and trading back, and I agreed.......that would have been the smart thing to do.  Trade back to like, Falcons/Giants/Broncos, get one of Nabers/Bowers/Alt, and a haul.......I truly thought that was going to happen as well, and it would have been smart, and I would have hated it entirely.

Maybe the Bears felt out the trade market already and there weren't any teams willing to budge?  Falcons, Giants, Broncos unwilling to give up their haul?  Maybe this forced their hand?

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

6th that can rise to a 4th with playing time.. pick is in 2025. 

Really thought they'd get a 2nd early on .. league doesn't see him as a staring caliber guy. 

I absolutely thought theyd get a 2nd or 3rd and change sort of deal.  6th with ladders for a 4th is just hilarious to me.  What a terrible trade

They had to think having Fields there would just be a distraction. This is the guy that fans were doing King in the North photoshops of and comparing shirtless photos to Jordan Love shirtless. A guy that was given the keys and never once did anything with them. I guess they probably just feel the good Caleb Williams vibes could potentially be dampened by having the last guy around. 

The Steelers have walked away like absolute bandits. They've given their QB room a complete overhaul for the price of a 2025 6th round pick and a veteran minimum contract.

The Bears have only got four 2024 draft picks. I'm surprised they didn't insist on a 2024 draft pick in the Field trade.

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

The Steelers have walked away like absolute bandits. They've given their QB room a complete overhaul for the price of a 2025 6th round pick and a veteran minimum contract.

The Bears have only got four 2024 draft picks. I'm surprised they didn't insist on a 2024 draft pick in the Field trade.

It's only a theory, but I am pretty convinced this implies nobody was willing to trade for a  "Bryce Young" haul that the Bears were hoping to get for Caleb, which is bewildering because Caleb, and frankly Maye and Daniels, are better prospects than Bryce Young was.  Are we coming to the end of the "trade up for QB for a haul" era?  Or am I just reading this completely wrong here.