NFL News & Notes

Leader

51 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Without knowing how many yards each team averages when running on 1st down, I'm not sure that tells us much. 

It's not intended to tell much. I presume it's compiled based on last years stats and sees fairly straight forward IMO. How did teams fare picking up a first down when the first play was a running play of some kind. Buffalo's 75% stat is interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Dark days ahead for Broncos fans.

Nix will be in there sooner rather than later. Unless either Stidham or Wilson surprise (and can actually afford Nix some time to get his bearings), I dont think the organization will allow the season to totally crash & burn with either at the helm - before going to Nix.

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nix will be in there sooner rather than later. Unless either Stidham or Wilson surprise (and can actually afford Nix some time to get his bearings), I dont think the organization will allow the season to totally crash & burn with either at the helm - before going to Nix.

That is what makes it so dark.

ESPN - Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs has been arrested for the second time in a month after he was booked on a domestic violence/burglary charge in Alabama on Sunday morning and released, according to online records.

Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office records show Buggs was released on $5,000 bond. No further details about the arrest were available.

The Chiefs were aware of the case but declined to comment.

On May 30, Buggs turned himself in after he was charged with two misdemeanor counts of second-degree animal cruelty in Tuscaloosa. Two dogs under his care -- a pitbull and a rottweiler mix -- were found to be neglected and severely malnourished. One of the dogs had to be euthanized.

Buggs' agent, Trey Robinson, has alleged his client is a victim of an ongoing "subversive campaign" to force the closure of the hookah lounge he owns in Tuscaloosa.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

ESPN - Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs has been arrested for the second time in a month after he was booked on a domestic violence/burglary charge in Alabama on Sunday morning and released, according to online records.

Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office records show Buggs was released on $5,000 bond. No further details about the arrest were available.

The Chiefs were aware of the case but declined to comment.

On May 30, Buggs turned himself in after he was charged with two misdemeanor counts of second-degree animal cruelty in Tuscaloosa. Two dogs under his care -- a pitbull and a rottweiler mix -- were found to be neglected and severely malnourished. One of the dogs had to be euthanized.

Buggs' agent, Trey Robinson, has alleged his client is a victim of an ongoing "subversive campaign" to force the closure of the hookah lounge he owns in Tuscaloosa.

You can take the man out of Tuscaloosa, but can't take the Tuscaloosa out of the man. 

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

"I am the victim of a subversive campaign to close my hookah lounge in Tuscaloosa" is a brand new sentence.

I've known more than a couple people with businesses that make absolutely no sense until you realize they are actually a "laundromat". Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything but that's where my mind went immediately when reading that...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The great KC clown show of 2024 continues!

I wonder how much of this is due to the NFL's system of enforcing parity (the bad teams pick earlier in the draft, basically) results in good teams looking at the draft board a lot when all the clean prospects in a tier are gone, and you have to choose what you have to give up and "not a great guy" is probably an easier sacrifice than "isn't very good at football" or "isn't healthy."

Of course, the Chiefs also were the team that drafted Tyreek Hill so it might just be institutional culture.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Of course, the Chiefs also were the team that drafted Tyreek Hill so it might just be institutional culture.

I think it's the culture. Hill wasn't drafted until the 5th round. It's possible they were the only team willing to consider drafting him.