NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

yXza8o.gif

>> 30 years from now.

>> Movie about crime in Washington DC.

>> Government can use Precrime to stop functionally all crime. 

>> Never once used to stop a Black criminal.

>> What did Spielberg mean by this???

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I wouldn't trade Love for him straight up. 

doesn't mean there isn't room in the worse than love better than Tua range where this contract makes sense for a young qb.  It's not crazy to think that in 4 years 55/year won't be expensive anyway.

He still has 2 years on the rookie deal left, so the reported 55/year doesn't kick in until 2026, at which point Love will be making far far more than 55/year

48 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

>> 30 years from now.

>> Movie about crime in Washington DC.

>> Government can use Precrime to stop functionally all crime. 

>> Never once used to stop a Black criminal.

>> What did Spielberg mean by this???

Never once within the 3 examples in the entire film?  Nice try. 

Maybe Spielberg should’ve had PreCrime take Howard Marks to Burger King like the Shelby PD did for Dylan Roof after he committed mass murder. 

Edited by thrILL!

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

yXza8o.gif

It doesn't take a precog, just character screening and taking prior crimes / misdemeanors into account. The Packers hardly ever have this kind of stuff and I don't think it's just a coincidence.

• Like 2

Other than gambling and PEDs, the NFL doesn't particularly care about off field issues, and probably never will. There's no real reason for teams to avoid character concerns if they believe they can manage the player.  It's not like KC can be pointed to as an example of why you shouldn't take the risk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What

Young kids drive their cars a lot faster than they should. Young kids do stupid **** like drink and drive. 

Please don't sit there and say you didn't do a ton of stupid things when you were young? Like you don't have any, 'lucky to be alive, moments as a kid.

I'm not talking about raping people or serious felonies. Even then, you can't predict, in most cases, who you draft that may turn into somebody who does really ****ty things. 

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Don't draft people who will commit felonies. 

So, be able to look into the future and know if a guy will commit a crime? Seems reasonable to me! LOL

I'm not referring to the kids who get drafted and have serious background issues, even then, are you saying the NFL should not give kids with some trouble in their past an opportunity? Seems rather un-American to me. 

I don't think anybody feels bad for Ray Rice not getting another opportunity. I think the vast majority would be OK if Tyreke Hill never got a chance after the things he did. 

It's s slippery slope I don't think the NFL should go down. 

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't even think you can flag those kids coming in and only give them one more chance of screwing up. I think the CBA would prohibit that. 

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Never once within the 3 examples in the entire film?  Nice try. 

Maybe Spielberg should’ve had PreCrime take Howard Marks to Burger King like the Shelby PD did for Dylan Roof after he committed mass murder. 

1. The joke being made was that even in the future, police don't care about Black on Black crime. 

2. Meanwhile, in real life . . .

Roof was never taken to Burger King by police.

An officer went to Burger King and got him a burger because the small town jail didn't have a kitchen to prepare food and detainees are not allowed to be starved in American jails. To not feed him while waiting for the FBI to arrive would have risked an attorney making an argument in the future that his rights were violated and he should be allowed to go free on this technicality.

Any other nonsense storylines you want me to debunk while we're here?

59 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Young kids drive their cars a lot faster than they should. Young kids do stupid **** like drink and drive. 

Please don't sit there and say you didn't do a ton of stupid things when you were young? Like you don't have any, 'lucky to be alive, moments as a kid.

I'm not talking about raping people or serious felonies. Even then, you can't predict, in most cases, who you draft that may turn into somebody who does really ****ty things. 

The number of 23 year olds who will go on to commit serious legal infractions, who don't already have a pattern of doing so, stretching back to when they're like 16 is basically non-existent. 

53 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, be able to look into the future and know if a guy will commit a crime? Seems reasonable to me! LOL

I'm not referring to the kids who get drafted and have serious background issues, even then, are you saying the NFL should not give kids with some trouble in their past an opportunity? Seems rather un-American to me. 

I don't think anybody feels bad for Ray Rice not getting another opportunity. I think the vast majority would be OK if Tyreke Hill never got a chance after the things he did. 

It's s slippery slope I don't think the NFL should go down. 

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't even think you can flag those kids coming in and only give them one more chance of screwing up. I think the CBA would prohibit that. 

Grouping people into low, mid, and high risk candidates for future criminal activity is actually remarkably easy. Even more so when you have their Wonderlic scores to stand in for an IQ test. 

The NFLPA would agree, in the CBA, to let you throw one UDFA per year into a volcano to appease the football injury gods in exchange for another .1% of the total revenue. 

40 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

To not feed him while waiting for the FBI to arrive would have risked an attorney making an argument in the future that his rights were violated and he should be allowed to go free on this technicality.

LOL. That motion would have gone far.

5 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

It doesn't take a precog, just character screening and taking prior crimes / misdemeanors into account. The Packers hardly ever have this kind of stuff and I don't think it's just a coincidence.

Define, "hardly ever." 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Grouping people into low, mid, and high risk candidates for future criminal activity is actually remarkably easy. Even more so when you have their Wonderlic scores to stand in for an IQ test. 

The NFLPA would agree, in the CBA, to let you throw one UDFA per year into a volcano to appease the football injury gods in exchange for another .1% of the total revenue. 

Where would these former Packers have fit in from a risk factor?

Eddie Lee Ivory - Accused of raping a stripper.

James Lofton - Was with Eddie Lee Ivory

Darren Sharper

Johnny Jolly

Mossy Cade (we traded a FRP for him) he rated his aunt and went to jail for it. 

Mark Chmura - the hot tub 

Najeh Davenpoop

Edited by Old Guy