NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 8/23/2024 at 12:56 PM, incognito_man said:

I still think Saquon is overrated 

But not because he might get hurt 

(Although that shouldn't be overlooked either)

On 8/23/2024 at 3:38 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

I was going to put you over in the corner without that part in parentheses!  He might get hurt, so he is definitely overrated.  

Barkley wouldn't be the first guy who had injury troubles early in his career and turned it on when healthy. 

Christian McCaffery seemed like he was always hurt in Carolina. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Old Guy said:

Barkley wouldn't be the first guy how had injury troubles early in his career and turned it on when healthy. 

Christian McCaffery seemed like he was always hurt in Carolina. 

Would you say that Christian McCaffery is overrated? 

No idea if he's a fit for what GB does with their C, but I assume Herbig from PIT will be a reasonable FA option after going on IR.  PIT has Frazier stepping in and I doubt Herbig is in their long term plans.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

No idea if he's a fit for what GB does with their C, but I assume Herbig from PIT will be a reasonable FA option after going on IR.  PIT has Frazier stepping in and I doubt Herbig is in their long term plans.

I think Monk is the backup plan for next year at center. I'm not at all opposed to a vet being brought in to compete, assuming Myers is gone. 

Can't Pitt bring him off IR this year yet? 

Went out to dinner and they had DAL/LAC on the wide screen. The sound was off and it took me awhile to realize Trey Lance (who I've never really seen much of) was QB'ing for Dallas - and from the little that I was seeing, he was moving the ball and didnt look bad. Hmmmm.......

Come home...check out the box score and see he tossed 4 INTs.

Looks can be deceiving.

This is why you don't play your guys in the last preseason game. Starting center and two reserves who were going to make your roster on the offensive line. 

INJURIES

3 hours ago, Leader said:

When it's Dallas....you've gotta check Bayless...

Skip Clueless is an *******! Also, Trey Lance has not played a whole lot of football. He should have never come out in 2021. 

He's got some ability but he's a long way away from being NFL ready. I don't think Dak is getting paid until after the year and then only if he wins some playoff games.