NFL News & Notes

Leader

So I'm curious as to what our board feel about Cowboys/Prescott.

What would you do about him and that contract?  Now...after you've answered that, what would you do?

Check out his contract and the void years.  I'm not sure when those amounts come due, but it looks like he's a 40M cap hit next year (as an unrestricted free agent).  Then it is $12M for the year after and then $1m for the next two years.  It's odd.

But the financials I do not fully understand.  Like if he is re-signed, can that money be pushed out and spread out?

I only ask because I don't know what I would do.  I feel like Jerry will re-sign him long term again, I just don't know how those financials work out.

Just curious.

That's a huge bag that the Cowpokes are gonna pay for CeeDee Lamb. Is there gonna be enough for Dak or is Lamb stuck with Lance as his QB for 3 of the 4 years on this contract extension?

7 minutes ago, Tperk said:

That's a huge bag that the Cowpokes are gonna pay for CeeDee Lamb. Is there gonna be enough for Dak or is Lamb stuck with Lance as his QB for 3 of the 4 years on this contract extension?

That would be something if they bypassed Dak for Lance. Dont expect that will be the case however.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

That would be something if they bypassed Dak for Lance. Dont expect that will be the case however.

34M for CeeDee and maybe 60M per year for Dak...plus they still need to address Micah Parsons and a couple other big names next year too. It may be easier to just move on from Dak.

29 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

31 minutes ago, Tperk said:

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

I can't pay any WR 34 a year average. I think this is going to come back and bite a few teams. Surprisingly, the Cowboys are not in serious cap trouble, even after this deal. 

I'm not a fan of Dak, but going with Lance would be some kind of decision. 

I would bet Parson's is going to want close to 40 a year. Bosa is at 34 but his deal will be two years old by the time Parson's agent comes knocking. 

Can you imagine 1/2 of your cap wrapped up on a per year average on three guys. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Packers are paying Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Melton and Heath a little over 8 mil total this year I think.  We need to make noise this year and next.

We need to keep drafting WRs so we don't have to pay any of them very much. 

Draft 2 and trade one for each of the next few years. 

GB needs to cash in on a SB before too many of these rookie deals come due.  The good vibes on this team are going to turn a little sour when a good chunk of these young guys aren't retained.  Nobody's fault.  It's unavoidable.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I wonder how much cursing there was in the SF offices when the Lamb numbers were announced.

I would think they probably had a pretty good idea of what CeeDee was going to get.  Once Justin Jefferson got his 35 mil I kind of figured that CeeDee would get close.  Chase is going to get 35.  Aiyuk isn't quite of the legal of those three .. so somewhere around 32 is probably where he winds up.  I'm not sure San Fran is going to pay him though. 

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So I'm curious as to what our board feel about Cowboys/Prescott.

What would you do about him and that contract?  Now...after you've answered that, what would you do?

Check out his contract and the void years.  I'm not sure when those amounts come due, but it looks like he's a 40M cap hit next year (as an unrestricted free agent).  Then it is $12M for the year after and then $1m for the next two years.  It's odd.

But the financials I do not fully understand.  Like if he is re-signed, can that money be pushed out and spread out?

I only ask because I don't know what I would do.  I feel like Jerry will re-sign him long term again, I just don't know how those financials work out.

Just curious.

I think they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

They are stuck in quarterback purgatory. Good enough to win games and get in the playoffs, not good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I have no clue what Jerry Jones will do. Probably extend him. 

I'm not 80 something years old. I'd probably come to grips with the idea Prescott is never getting me over the hump. If I could trade him this year and get a haul, I would. Reality, it's too late for that so you've screwed yourself either way. 

Should have traded him to the Bears for #1 overall. The Bears would have jumped at that opportunity. Even Washington for #2 overall.