NFL News & Notes

Leader

When I read this the first time, I swear I read the last line as "Washington's vice president of contempt the previous four years"

The Commanders have fired an employee one day after a video surfaced in which he made comments about the team's players being anti-gay, accused Cowboys owner Jerry Jones of being racist and called NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "$50 million puppet."

Rael Enteen, Washington's vice president of content the previous four years, also criticized fans and called them "mouth breathers."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Isn't this the way corporations roll these days? The 'suspend' them pending an 'investigation,' then fire them after the 'investigation,'

I would have ****canned the ******* on the spot. He wasn't wrong about Goodell though. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

And, they fired him! 

I hereby fine you $200 Schrutte Bucks for quoting your own post.

I know that this hurts you.  I'm not going to apologize.  But I will say that you will come out of this a better person.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I hereby fine you $200 Schrutte Bucks for quoting your own post.

I know that this hurts you.  I'm not going to apologize.  But I will say that you will come out of this a better person.

It's the only smart person I could find to quote! 😁

Like a large part of your audience for anything that's fairly popular is going to consist of contemptable people, just because of how demographics work.  There are a lot of people walking around that I wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes with, but that works out because of the sheer number of people in the world.  Like if Coca-Cola and McDonalds don't care about how many of the people buying their product are ignominious, I don't see any reason that the Washington Football Team should be different here.

But Goodell is a puppet, and the odds of any 81 year old billionaire being behind the times when it comes to civil rights issues is high.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like a large part of your audience for anything that's fairly popular is going to consist of contemptible people, just because of how demographics work.  There are a lot of people walking around that I wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes with, but that works out because of the sheer number of people...

I feel like you are talking about my extended family.

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This dude was a joke last year. The Dolphins are a joke! Keep signing these guys to massive deals and overpay everybody, except the guys who actually matter. Keep Waddle and this dude but let Christian Wilkins, walk. Genius. 

Dolphins CB Jalen Ramsey agrees to record three-year, $72.3 million extension (nfl.com)

You are being a little harsh to the 57th ranked corner in 2023 according to PFF (and the eyeball test).

Oh, harsh means spot on in this conversation.

• Like 1