NFL News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill is calling for a Miami-Dade police officer to be fired following a now-viral incident Sunday in which Hill was pulled from his vehicle during a traffic stop.

So this guy can have a career after punching his baby momma but the cop who maybe was excessive needs to lose his job. How does this wash with anyone. Tyreek Hill won't acknowledge his own side but dude don't be a **** to cops and don't get stupid results or pay the stupid tax as a result. Now calling for the guys job. What a piece of trash should be ashamed of himself not excusing the cops but speeding, no seat belt and then acting all entitled likely goated these guys so bad, putting up with these dumbass crap. 

Tyreek pssst don't forget karma isn't just a stripper from vegas................

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

This could get...tawdry?

BEREA, Ohio -- The attorney representing the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit accusing Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual assault and battery told ESPN on Thursday that the woman will speak to the NFL within two weeks.

"We will be scheduling a meeting with the NFL and hope that can be accomplished in the next two weeks," attorney Tony Buzbee wrote in an email. "We have a video and two additional witnesses for the NFL to speak with. I've personally never had confidence in the NFL's disciplinary process but my client has chosen to engage it."

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

This could get...tawdry?

BEREA, Ohio -- The attorney representing the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit accusing Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual assault and battery told ESPN on Thursday that the woman will speak to the NFL within two weeks.

"We will be scheduling a meeting with the NFL and hope that can be accomplished in the next two weeks," attorney Tony Buzbee wrote in an email. "We have a video and two additional witnesses for the NFL to speak with. I've personally never had confidence in the NFL's disciplinary process but my client has chosen to engage it."

Oozes of slime witnesses now. 

20 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

So this guy can have a career after punching his baby momma but the cop who maybe was excessive needs to lose his job. How does this wash with anyone. Tyreek Hill won't acknowledge his own side but dude don't be a **** to cops and don't get stupid results or pay the stupid tax as a result. Now calling for the guys job. What a piece of trash should be ashamed of himself not excusing the cops but speeding, no seat belt and then acting all entitled likely goated these guys so bad, putting up with these dumbass crap. 

Tyreek pssst don't forget karma isn't just a stripper from vegas................

Trust me I'm no fan of Tyreek Hill or Frank Clark or Ahman Green or Miles Bridges of the Charlotte Hornets.   I called Tyreek Hill a POS earlier in this thread.   I'd be happy with the NFL taking a no tolerance stance and see Tyreek out on the street with a "real job" rather than being cheered on by legions of fantasy football fans.  

However, I don't agree with your overall argument even if I want to be sympathetic to it.    It's not specifically related to this instance, just the general argument.   De-escalating situations, not over-exerting your power, not forcing confrontations, expecting people to abide by the law and abiding by it yourself are just some of the expectations of a police officer.    Those that are "excessive" don't need to be part of the profession.  If you can't perform the specific expectations and/or duties of your profession you shouldn't be allowed to do it.  This isn't anti-police.  Police officers are put in really difficult positions and have to deal with some truly awful people but they are still "the good guys" and need to handle their jobs appropriately.   

Likewise, a surgeon is expected to operate on the correct body part, whether the person they are operating on is Pablo Escobar or Mother Theresa.   If they can't perform the basic functions of their jobs and can't locate their last three watches after surgery, then they should be fired.  If they find out a person was speeding when they got injured they shouldn't handcuff them to the table during surgery - or risk being fired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Tough to see tua get injured like that. Glad he got paid those guaranteed bucks, now it is time to retire. Hopefully not too late. 

Yah not sure if he was concussed or it was a neck injury.  Just looked up the reports he was indeed concussed.  Dunno it probably is time for him to retire before it's too late.  

8 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yah not sure if he was concussed or it was a neck injury.  Just looked up the reports he was indeed concussed.  Dunno it probably is time for him to retire before it's too late.  

100% traumatic brain injury. Perhaps neck too. 

Right side of head hits hamlin, brain hits left side of skull, contralateral arm (right) goes stiff. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Trust me I'm no fan of Tyreek Hill or Frank Clark or Ahman Green or Miles Bridges of the Charlotte Hornets.   I called Tyreek Hill a POS earlier in this thread.   I'd be happy with the NFL taking a no tolerance stance and see Tyreek out on the street with a "real job" rather than being cheered on by legions of fantasy football fans.  

According to a brief google search, Hill has made near 100m in his career so far, so given what appears to be his level of intelligence, that will keep him off the streets for at least another 2-3 yrs if his career stopped today. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 5:09 PM, Kampfgeist said:

However, I don't agree with your overall argument even if I want to be sympathetic to it.    It's not specifically related to this instance, just the general argument.   De-escalating situations, not over-exerting your power, not forcing confrontations, expecting people to abide by the law and abiding by it yourself are just some of the expectations of a police officer.    Those that are "excessive" don't need to be part of the profession.  If you can't perform the specific expectations and/or duties of your profession you shouldn't be allowed to do it.  This isn't anti-police.  Police officers are put in really difficult positions and have to deal with some truly awful people but they are still "the good guys" and need to handle their jobs appropriately.   

Likewise, a surgeon is expected to operate on the correct body part, whether the person they are operating on is Pablo Escobar or Mother Theresa.   If they can't perform the basic functions of their jobs and can't locate their last three watches after surgery, then they should be fired.  If they find out a person was speeding when they got injured they shouldn't handcuff them to the table during surgery - or risk being fired.

I get it to a degree but none of us including Mr HIll have any idea of what has transpired in this cops day that day or any day previously. Maybe he's been like this before. Maybe it was his first time, maybe he found out bad news earlier who knows. We know very little. My point was that every human makes mistakes often many in a day, most of us judge ourselves pretty lightly but when we do make mistakes. 

I just pisses me off to no end when a guy living in a glass house starts throwing stones. I mean none of this happens had Mr. HIll been operating his car at a proper speed, worn his seat belt and been more inclined to put his window down and not be a general ****.

Your other comps may seem ok to you but sorry they aren't the same. I work, i work hard, but dam I make mistakes often typo's and sometimes worse. Lucky for me my job is not life and death. The hospitals have processes and check after check after check to ensure they don't operate on the wrong part and such. They though even with all those processes in place have insurance for a reason if surgeon's didn't make mistakes they would not need it.

The argument that if you can't meet the need or requirement for the profession you should not be in it is silly as everyone has off good or bad days. Clearly this officer met the requirement he got the job and held it for some time.

Heck if yuou make that argument how can a wife/g/b beating prick be the 5th highest paid WR in the league. I won't excuse cops but i haven't lived a day in the life of one. 

We don't have to agree and that's fine I'm not wanting to argue on such things. I get it people make mistakes. I just don't get how we can obviously give such grace to Mr. Hill cause he's fast and can catch and this officer should be fired especially without more information. Suspend him, council him, grow him. Especially if this is not the norm for him why toss a likely good person who made a mistake on the scrap heap. Cause the rest of us are so good, and Mr Hill was merely minding his own.....oh yeah sorry wasn't. 

Update I see this cop has had this happen quite a bit. I won't condone that and I didn't above. Both of these guys need work. I recall a few years back doing something stupid and it cost me a few bucks. My good buddy told me you do stupid things you get stupid results and pay stupid taxes..............so this cop may be in some hot hot water and Hill should not be excused either, he doesn't speed and wears his belt this is not a subject. 

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 2