NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm shocked Rodgers hasn't traded for Adams yet. I'm guessing the Raiders want a second and Rodgers is insisting on a 1st. The Raiders don't want to pay another 1st round pick and Rodgers insists. 

It's the way ****ty organizations operate. 

Wut

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm shocked Rodgers hasn't traded for Adams yet. I'm guessing the Raiders want a second and Rodgers is insisting on a 1st. The Raiders don't want to pay another 1st round pick and Rodgers insists. 

It's the way ****ty organizations operate. 

I think the hang-up with teams is the contract.  They don't want to give up a 2nd and take the full contract too.  They'll have to work out draft compensation and who pays what for teams interested.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Hackett must have photos of Rodgers banging a capybara in the Amazon rain forest while they were on an ayahuasca retreat or something.  Hackett without MLF = hack 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Good to see you. How is your baseball team doing? 

Read above. I'm just too locked in here yet. I think I watched 144 games this year not counting playoffs. That was my dad's deal so I'm hanging in. I'm still watching GB but I'm just so lost yet. I don't know a bunch of dudes

23 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'll be back when the Tigers win the world series baby!!

Now it all makes sense! Tiger fans are loyal. I live in Michigan, so I know this to be true. Can't go anywhere around here without people following the games on their phones. 

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Has a team has ever made the playoffs after firing their HC this soon?  Not that the Jets will lol. 

When was the last time a team fired the coach before week 5? There can't be many instances of that.  

If there was this much fire, they should have fired him after last season.  But then again, the Jets are not what I would call a well run organization.  They have now wasted last season and an entire offseason, and a quarter of this season, and are left with no plan.  The Jets want so badly to be relevant, but have zero patience, and thus constantly suffer the consequences.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

When was the last time a team fired the coach before week 5? There can't be many instances of that. If there was this much fire, they should have fired him after last season.  But then again, the Jets are not what I would call a well run organization.  They have now wasted last season and an entire offseason, and a quarter of this season, and are left with no plan.  The Jets want so badly to be relevant, but have zero patience, and thus constantly suffer the consequences.

Though I agree with much of this, I think it might be a bit premature to pronounce them dead. They're currently 8th in Playoff seeding and with a win on Monday will take the AFCE lead and move to a top four seed. I'm not wishing them well....but facts are facts.

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

When was the last time a team fired the coach before week 5? There can't be many instances of that.  

3+2=5. 

I don't know but Robert Saleh is certainly not on that list.