NFL News & Notes

Leader

46 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Unless you think Rodgers and Adams both have multiple big years left in them, I think Davante pretty much has to dominate in a SB run this year for him to even the sniff the HOF.

Sucks because I do believe he's one of the elite WRs of his generation; he just got a late start and then wasted his last big years on a bad team.

You realize Adams should have 1000 catches and 100 TDs correct? He will be in the HOF at some point, 2 more big years could put him first ballot.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You realize Adams should have 1000 catches and 100 TDs correct? He will be in the HOF at some point, 2 more big years could put him first ballot.

You're not going to catch me arguing against Davante's credentials. Like I said, elite WR and I think he deserves to get in. I'm just used to seeing WRs wait a long time — Holt, Wayne, Steve Smith, Jimmy Smith, Andre Johnson (got in eventually but had to wait). Even TO wasn't first ballot (for different reasons obviously).

Davante will be part of a cohort that includes Julio, AB, Evans, Hopkins, Hill. I actually underestimated his counting stats, so my bad on that. I still think he needs more accolades to be considered a HOF lock, let alone first ballot.

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'd be okay w/ Davante padding his HOF stats/resume catching garbage time balls from Tyrod while trailing by 30points every week

It's more fun for Jets fans to make the playoffs and then suffer a greater disappointment. As much as AR is a great QB his playoff success has suffered as we all know. Adams getting some padded stats is ok too but it will be championshipless:)

52 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Someone has new representation:

I wonder what kind of deal is realistic for him and teams.  40.5 sacks and 14 forced fumbles (!!!) in the last 4 seasons.  He's still got a lot to offer for a team that can make a deal that he’s good with. 

If you can get by his Antonio Brown vibe. What team lets high performing sack guys go before they are 30? Philly traded him and he was a no show in NY. Guy has crazy written all over him. No thanks to him, i'd be looking for an under the radar interior guy to be honest. Some good depth there with some push Kenny gets too many snaps and Slayton sucks. 

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

If you can get by his Antonio Brown vibe. What team lets high performing sack guys go before they are 30? Philly traded him and he was a no show in NY. Guy has crazy written all over him. No thanks to him.

Has he been any trouble before this year?  Just bcuz he wanted a new deal (after outperforming his current one) and Philly didn’t doesn’t make him crazy. Just bcuz the Jets couldn’t get a deal done (it’s the freaking Jets is anyone surprised?) doesn’t make him Antonio Brown.  He’s put up the numbers and yet ppl front on him standing firm and call him crazy.  More like your post is crazy. 

12 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Has he been any trouble before this year?  Just bcuz he wanted a new deal (after outperforming his current one) and Philly didn’t doesn’t make him crazy. Just bcuz the Jets couldn’t get a deal done (it’s the freaking Jets is anyone surprised?) doesn’t make him Antonio Brown.  He’s put up the numbers and yet ppl front on him standing firm and call him crazy.  More like your post is crazy. 

Saying he’s gone full AB is absolutely untrue but that is a level rarely attained even by the most self destructive pro athlete. On the other hand, there does seem to be some fire to all that smoke. If it was simply a guy who knows his worth with his production, someone would have given him a contract. Who knows, maybe he has just decided it’s top of the market or nothing but teams should be willing to drop real money on a premium position guy. From outside looking in, it seems he has done and said some things to scare off most teams who should be willing to take a chance. Hopefully we see him on the field this year, but not in DET. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Someone has new representation:

I wonder what kind of deal is realistic for him and teams.  40.5 sacks and 14 forced fumbles (!!!) in the last 4 seasons.  He's still got a lot to offer for a team that can make a deal that he’s good with. 

Dude is 30 years old and wants a new contract. No thanks! 

10 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Would you trade gary for reddick if you could get rid of garys contract?

We could actually trade Gary without too much cap implications. If OTC numbers are correct. I wouldn't do it because Reddick wants a new deal. Plus, he's 30 years old and is not the prototype DE for this defense. We have no smallish DEs at the moment. Doesn't seem like a fit. 

Edited by Old Guy