NFL News & Notes

Leader

I don't mind if Adams and Rodgers have success and win some games. Really won't bother me whatsoever. They aren't getting to the Super Bowl and that is all that really matters. 

Looking at the Jets schedule they should actually make the playoffs. 

10-7 should be a given. 11-6 possible and outside chance of 12-5. 

Edited by Old Guy

15 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Would you trade gary for reddick if you could get rid of garys contract?

probably not no.  Gary is a full contract behind in terms of age, even if he isn't quite the pass rusher Reddick is/was in his prime, he's a good locker room person and he's better vs the run.

Gary would bulk up to play DT and probably could.  Reddick is almost too light as is.

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I don't mind if Adams and Rodgers have success and win some games. Really won't bother me whatsoever. They aren't getting to the Super Bowl and that is all that really matters. 

Looking at the Jets schedule they should actually make the playoffs. 

10-7 should be a given. 11-6 possible and outside chance of 12-5. 

Not sure why you are writing them off for the SB.  They are a good team.  If that offense gets in sync over the next couple months, the Jets will be a very dangerous team.  Rodgers just needs to accept that his OL won't be giving him extended time in the pocket.  He just needs to get the ball out.  They have plenty of weapons. 

47 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not sure why you are writing them off for the SB.  They are a good team.  If that offense gets in sync over the next couple months, the Jets will be a very dangerous team.  Rodgers just needs to accept that his OL won't be giving him extended time in the pocket.  He just needs to get the ball out.  They have plenty of weapons. 

Jets are 21st in DVOA. They are not a good team.

They do, however, have a VERY soft schedule the rest of the way. But they're also right in the middle of that pack, so a .500 record the rest of the way seems reasonable.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jets are 21st in DVOA. They are not a good team.

They do, however, have a VERY soft schedule the rest of the way. But they're also right in the middle of that pack, so a .500 record the rest of the way seems reasonable.

To me, it's all about the offense getting in sync.  At the very least, I expect it to improve.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

You know an injury is going to happen to one of their key contributors that will derail their season. This is the Jets we are talking about after all!

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Over the next couple months??  They’re 2-4. They don’t have a couple of months to get in sync.  Never mind the SB.  We have yet to see anything on the field to suggest they’ll make the playoffs at this point.