NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

That didn't answer my question at all; not a legit answer.

I asked why you DO post them.

Somebody (other than you of course) might find it thought provoking. Interesting. Something they'd like to discuss. Dont know, its up to them.

Do I need a greater reason than that? No. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I forgot they got Lock

I hope they decide to punt this season and trade us Sanders.

I just frankly don’t see the point.  It would be a move for next year, but he’s a free agent.  

I know I’m going to hear it for this, but Jordy Nelson straight from the farm does more for this team than any receiver in the NFL with only a tiny dash of hyperbole.  

Aaron doesn’t care if you’re open by a mile if you don’t get open the way he wants when you want at the exact right body temperature with the precise blades of grass bent on your cuts.  

This is not some made up thing.  

Jordy Nelson would give us a nice short yardage option and make us better in the red zone this year.  

#bringbackjordy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I just frankly don’t see the point.  It would be a move for next year, but he’s a free agent.  

I know I’m going to hear it for this, but Jordy Nelson straight from the farm does more for this team than any receiver in the NFL with only a tiny dash of hyperbole.  

Aaron doesn’t care if you’re open by a mile if you don’t get open the way he wants when you want at the exact right body temperature with the precise blades of grass bent on your cuts.  

Jordy Nelson would give us a nice short yardage option and make us better in the red zone this year.  

#bringbackjordy

I think Sanders can contribute Day 1. He's a crafty vet and a good piece that we are missing.

I'm telling ya, he would be clutch in January/February.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Norm said:

HaHa can't git gud

HaHa would have been really good for us this year.  Savage is better for us this year.

HaHa is opportunistic and as good as the team is.  If the Bears start struggling, so will he.  

I got lambasted for saying he was worth a second round pick minimum in a trade.  He’s definitely worth that.  

He’s going to have all-pro numbers this year thanks to the rest of the players on that defense as long as things go well.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

#bringbackjordy

I'll bet Jordy could get off the couch today, walk through practice this week and put up 4 for 38 and a TD against the Eagles.  Probably 2 first downs, too.

You hit it on the head.  Doesn't matter the offense.  He and Rodgers would click and Rodgers would find him.

It won't happen, but yah, he's one that would contribute right away.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

HaHa would have been really good for us this year.  Savage is better for us this year.

HaHa is opportunistic and as good as the team is.  If the Bears start struggling, so will he.  

I got lambasted for saying he was worth a second round pick minimum in a trade.  He’s definitely worth that.  

He’s going to have all-pro numbers this year thanks to the rest of the players on that defense as long as things go well.

I'd still rather have Savage with his upside and willingness to tackle.

• Like 3

Just now, ccecilnosebleed said:

I'd still rather have Savage with his upside and willingness to tackle.

Yeah, that's why I said Savage is better for us right now.  Savage's floor is Clinton-Dix's ceiling.  Still, Clinton-Dix can put up all-pro numbers behind that defense. 

I've always seen Clinton-Dix as Darren Sharper without the ability to lay a hit.  Extremely opportunistic and makes plays at the expense of giving them up. 

Look at Sharper's numbers.  Those are EASILY Hall of Fame numbers, and he'd be probably a first or second at the least ballot Hall of Fame player if not for failing at being human. 

63 career interceptions and 11 touchdowns for Sharper.  Including 9 interceptions and 3 touchdowns the year the Saints won the Super Bowl. 

Now think of all the big plays Sharper gave up by going for those interceptions.  That's Clinton-Dix. 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He's going to have all-pro numbers this year so long as QBs keep making dumb passes...i.e. over/underthrows - or as with the second pick last night (I didnt see the first) Keenum laid an egg out there into triple coverage. A terrible pass.