NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Oakland dropped him like a hot potato as well.

Oakland got screwed by AB in a way that IMO was not totally Oaklands fault or something really forseen.  I think you can make a case that AB was not executing his contract in good faith.

The Patriots tried to benefit knowing full well the cancer AB is and has become. They should be on the hook for that money and their own stupidity.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I hate Antonio Brown but its BS that the Patriots aren't paying the signing bonus. They dug this hole when they signed him. They should have to pay up for their mistake.

I heard the guys on Sirius XM talk a little about it...

I think....I think that he counts against their cap.

But, they can withhold payment and make him go through the steps to get it.  I believe that the guys were saying most contracts have a clause in it, basically for good behavior and they felt like if Brown wasn't honest with the Patriots about his past and pending legal issues, then they can withhold payment saying they never would have signed him had he been honest about his legal issues.

And in the end, I feel like both guys said that the Patriots will probably have to pay him something...but they want someone else to tell them how much and make Brown work for that compensation.

It was an interesting conversation and I probably messed some of it up, but the point was there should be cap charges for Brown, but the Patriots were gonna make him fight them in court to get any pay.

I looked it up and it looks like about 5.5M is in their dead cap for Brown.  So...he did eat some money at least in the cap world.  

Another 1st round pick (and draft target for many a GB fan) has been having a rough go and while is on the field presence/production has been spotty, his bank account is less so. He's earned 7.8M since being drafted. Not top dollar - but enough to pay most light bills.

NFL Rumors:  Saints To Sign Stephone Anthony

The Saints are set to sign linebacker Stephone Anthony, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (on Twitter). He’ll take the roster spot of fellow ‘backer Kaden Elliss, who has been placed on injured reserve, Mike Triplett of ESPN.com tweets.

Anthony was a first-round pick of the Saints in 2015, but he didn’t live up to expectations. During the 2017 season, the club shipped him off to the Dolphins, who declined his fifth-year option and allowed him to walk after the 2018 season. This offseason, he signed deals with the Falcons and Jets, who both released him in August.

Damarious makin' some news again:

Call it the curious case of Damarious Randall. . . .

The Browns safety missed the past two games with what the team called a concussion. Coach Freddie Kitchens announced Wednesday that doctors cleared Randall from concussion protocol, and Randall returned to practice as a full participant.

Randall made clear during his media access Wednesday that he doesn’t believe he had a concussion.

“No comment,’’ Randall said, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com, before commenting. “I was just placed in concussion protocol on Friday before the Jets game. I just went in protocol then.’’

Randall was vague, declining to provide details. He showed up to work on the Friday before the Jets game in Week Two and was placed in protocol.

“The symptoms was concussion protocol, I guess,’’ Randall said. “I was placed in protocol, and that’s really all I’ve got to say about it.’’

Randall added that he has had only “one [concussion] in my life.” Randall wasn’t talking about this one but presumably the one he had in a preseason game in 2017 that kept him sidelined 12 days.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/25/damarious-randall-disputes-he-had-a-concussion/

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's a pretty great idea actually. I have another group of people I'd like to send there too TBH lol

I guarantee a prison will be one of the first things built in space once we have space-travel commercialized. 

9 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I guarantee a prison will be one of the first things built in space once we have space-travel commercialized. 

As if I didn't have enough reasons to commit crime, now I get to go to the ******* moon if I get caught??

• Like 1