NFL News & Notes

Leader

37 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I'd still rather have Savage with his upside and willingness to tackle.

Agreed .. Haha wasn't interested in hitting after not getting the fancy new deal in GB.  He quit on us.  Savage is a much better athlete and should turn out to be the superior player.  Haha is looking better for the Bears, but he's also on his third team in two years and is playing for a contract which surrounded with supreme talent.

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's going to have all-pro numbers this year so long as QBs keep making dumb passes...i.e. over/underthrows - or as with the second pick last night (I didnt see the first) Keenum laid an egg out there into triple coverage. A terrible pass.

Yeah nothing impressive about that INT last night. The Savage pick right at ground level on Sunday or the King pick against Minny in the end zone were actually impressive. 

48 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, that's why I said Savage is better for us right now.  Savage's floor is Clinton-Dix's ceiling.  Still, Clinton-Dix can put up all-pro numbers behind that defense. 

I've always seen Clinton-Dix as Darren Sharper without the ability to lay a hit.  Extremely opportunistic and makes plays at the expense of giving them up. 

Look at Sharper's numbers.  Those are EASILY Hall of Fame numbers, and he'd be probably a first or second at the least ballot Hall of Fame player if not for failing at being human. 

63 career interceptions and 11 touchdowns for Sharper.  Including 9 interceptions and 3 touchdowns the year the Saints won the Super Bowl. 

Now think of all the big plays Sharper gave up by going for those interceptions.  That's Clinton-Dix. 

Well, I look at it this way - we know what he is with a par to sub-par cast around him and that he's a potential cancer in the locker room if there's any diversity.

Now that he's with a stellar defense maybe he puts up good numbers and as a result, he drives up his price. Either way, the Bears either overpay for a safety that is going to consistently cost them big plays (good for us) or they will be shopping for/drafting his replacement next spring (also good for us at least in the short term). Bottom line is the Bears still suck.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

NFL Rumors: Laquon Treadwell has come back to where it all started. On Tuesday, the Vikings signed their former first-round pick to a new contract. The Vikings cut Treadwell in late August, bringing an unceremonious end to a run that started with tons of hype. The Vikings never got much out of Treadwell after selecting him with the No. 23 overall choice, but they’re willing to see what he can offer in the wake of Chad Beebe‘s injury who figures to be out for a while with torn ankle ligaments.

57 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Well, I look at it this way - we know what he is with a par to sub-par cast around him and that he's a potential cancer in the locker room if there's any diversity.

Now that he's with a stellar defense maybe he puts up good numbers and as a result, he drives up his price. Either way, the Bears either overpay for a safety that is going to consistently cost them big plays (good for us) or they will be shopping for/drafting his replacement next spring (also good for us at least in the short term). Bottom line is the Bears still suck.

Yeah, the Bears definitely lost at safety and we won.  Adrian’s leadership and knowledge and commitment and ability/willingness to tackle and him always being where he’s supposed to be is better than Clinton-Dix.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leader said:

He's going to have all-pro numbers this year so long as QBs keep making dumb passes...i.e. over/underthrows - or as with the second pick last night (I didnt see the first) Keenum laid an egg out there into triple coverage. A terrible pass.

Not picking on this post, but rather picking on those who want to dog HHCD.

Say what you want about him.  The ball finds him.  Or is it that he finds the ball.  On that pick?  I think he was playing deep center.  He saw that play happen, made a break and was in great position on the poor throw.  The safe play there was to keep dropping, or at least that is what I saw.  But HHCD found the ball.  As he is prone to do.  Say what you want about him, he's always found the ball.

I'm happy he isn't here anymore.  I"ll also be happy if he finds success in the league.  Just not when he plays us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Not picking on this post, but rather picking on those who want to dog HHCD. Say what you want about him.  The ball finds him.  Or is it that he finds the ball.  On that pick?  I think he was playing deep center.  He saw that play happen, made a break and was in great position on the poor throw.  The safe play there was to keep dropping, or at least that is what I saw.  But HHCD found the ball.  As he is prone to do.  Say what you want about him, he's always found the ball. I'm happy he isn't here anymore.  I"ll also be happy if he finds success in the league.  Just not when he plays us.

I've got nothing against the guy and also think I have a good, even handed take on his game.

NY Post:  This was widely expected after the Patriots released him on Friday amid a sexual assault lawsuit and allegations from a second accuser. Monday was the deadline for the Patriots to pay Brown $5 million of his $9 million signing bonus, with the rest due on Jan. 15.

Reports indicate Brown will file a grievance to get the $9 million, along with his $1 million guaranteed salary from the Patriots, who owe him a minimum of $283,333.

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Not picking on this post, but rather picking on those who want to dog HHCD.

Say what you want about him.  The ball finds him.  Or is it that he finds the ball.  On that pick?  I think he was playing deep center.  He saw that play happen, made a break and was in great position on the poor throw.  The safe play there was to keep dropping, or at least that is what I saw.  But HHCD found the ball.  As he is prone to do.  Say what you want about him, he's always found the ball.

I'm happy he isn't here anymore.  I"ll also be happy if he finds success in the league.  Just not when he plays us.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not dogging him. I just think it became obvious he had the wrong kind of mentality for what we needed on a defense that desperately needed solid, positive leadership. And I struggle with safeties that don’t want to tackle. Dude has a knack for finding the ball, no doubt about it. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

NY Post:  This was widely expected after the Patriots released him on Friday amid a sexual assault lawsuit and allegations from a second accuser. Monday was the deadline for the Patriots to pay Brown $5 million of his $9 million signing bonus, with the rest due on Jan. 15.

Reports indicate Brown will file a grievance to get the $9 million, along with his $1 million guaranteed salary from the Patriots, who owe him a minimum of $283,333.

I hate Antonio Brown but its BS that the Patriots aren't paying the signing bonus. They dug this hole when they signed him. They should have to pay up for their mistake.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Albert Breer:  As @AdamSchefter said, the Seahawks are trading TE Nick Vannett to the Steelers. Sources say that Pittsburgh is sending a fifth-round pick to Seattle for Vannett.

Steelers are all in on hoping that an earthquake demolishes the stadium when the Chiefs play the Patriots.  

Only chance they would have this year, assuming they could even crawl their way ahead of Baltimore.

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

Steelers are all in on hoping that an earthquake demolishes the stadium when the Chiefs play the Patriots. Only chance they would have this year, assuming they could even crawl their way ahead of Baltimore.

Yeah.....they're in kinda a bad place right now.

I'm not sure Rudolph will be a bum....but at 0 + 3 they cant afford a long learning curve period.
Be interesting to see how their traditional war with the Bengals works out for them this weekend. It's kinda crucial W.