Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Twins back up to 3.5 ahead of the Indians. Seems like that's been taking a little while. Obviously playing the Tigers helps some, but good to see them get a home series win, they've been rough at home since the all-star break. And sounds like Buxton is getting close to coming back, and hopefully Eddie won't be too far behind. If we could get healthy going into September, that would give the Twins a nice bump going forward and into the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins back up to 3.5 ahead of the Indians. Seems like that's been taking a little while. Obviously playing the Tigers helps some, but good to see them get a home series win, they've been rough at home since the all-star break. And sounds like Buxton is getting close to coming back, and hopefully Eddie won't be too far behind. If we could get healthy going into September, that would give the Twins a nice bump going forward and into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, that doesn't fix the starting pitching.  xD

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't fix the starting pitching.  xD

Well, it does some because more balls in the OF would be caught.

That said, Twins starting pitching is basically league average or a bit better, which mainly is an indictment on how bad pitching in baseball is right now, so it's more about having the offense mashing then getting any of the pitchers, besides Berrios, back on track.

13 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

They have dropped a ways, but are basically league average with pitching, they were top 10 before, so it's a drop, but not horrible, more about the state of pitching in MLB than anything.

Which is sad, because I'm outside of the mainstream in both baseball and football, because I love pitching in baseball and I love defense in football.  I find a 2-1 well-pitched baseball game much more enjoyable than a 14-12 game.  Plus, the game moves faster in that scenario too.  The by-product of offensive explosion baseball is that it makes a slow moving sport even slower.  

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

The twins bullpen can be pretty solid if it gets enough rest I think. It'll be fun once the kids gets called up and starts lighting the radar gun up

I think early in the season, or more so, in the mid season when the worse arms were getting worn down, we saw the bull pen really struggle. Adding two relievers really  made a difference, even in the relievers who weren't doing as well like Trevor May.

Also, a fan in the baseball section of the forum posted the HR totals by the Yankees at the various lineup positions:

2019 Twins HR by Lineup Spot

1. 40
2. 30
3. 41
4. 26
5. 31
6. 16 (slackers)
7. 22
8. 32
9. 17

I decided to do that for the Twins. Need 4 more from the 6 spot and 3 more from the 9 spot in order to get all of them to 20. The Yankees currently have all of their lineup positions hitting 20 HR's, though none at 40.

Just now, VikeManDan said:

255 total through 131 games. They'll need 23 to break the record in 31 games?

The record is 267, they only need 13 more. They'll need more than that though if they want to hold it to the end of the season. The Yankees are going to break the record too.

Edited by Worm Guts